LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Spanish Eibar & LL

Need specific detail for a particular model, or just found something strange and interesting and want to know if its original. All attention to detail seekers report here!
Strict no chatter

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby dickie » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm rebuilding my Spanish s2 using a buzzsolomoto rebuild kit. Very handy.

However, the supplied rubber for the toolbox is black. I think this is wrong and it should be grey.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Thanks.
dickie
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:32 pm
Location: Tyne and Wear

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby buzz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:21 pm

Eibar series 2 would have had the black toolbox rubber fitted as standard. the stand feet and kickstart rubber would have been black as well, all others in the kit should be grey with the exception of the rear light which would be either white or grey depending on the year, cheers
Buzz
buzz
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 9:14 pm

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby dickie » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:17 am

Does a Spanish series 2 require one of these fork bearing dust covers? I can't remember if I removed one during the strip down.

http://www.scootopia.co.uk/product/7246-3308/Scootopia-Lambretta-chrome-framefork-cup-dust-cover-15061024
dickie
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:32 pm
Location: Tyne and Wear

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby dickie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:34 pm

I need a new seat catch for my Spanish series 2 bench seat. Apparently the standard ones are no good and I need something a bit special. Having had a look around I've so far failed to find any pictures or info on this.

Does anyone have a picture of a series 2 catch that works nicely with n El Tigre seat? Or even better have a catch for sale?

thanks
dickie
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:32 pm
Location: Tyne and Wear

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby dickie » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:54 pm

dickie wrote:I need a new seat catch for my Spanish series 2 bench seat. Apparently the standard ones are no good and I need something a bit special. Having had a look around I've so far failed to find any pictures or info on this.

Does anyone have a picture of a series 2 catch that works nicely with n El Tigre seat? Or even better have a catch for sale?

thanks

i know i'm answering my own question but it may help someone else in future.

after trawling the internet, i found the following images that explain what i need and why it's different. Buzzsolomoto had a second hand one.

ImageIMG_9413_blog by richardhenderson1968

Imageanclaje-trasero-asiento-corrido-usado by richardhenderson1968

ImageIMG_0445 by richardhenderson1968
dickie
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:32 pm
Location: Tyne and Wear

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby John Deeley » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:23 pm

Is this slot and tab washer rear hub an Eibar thing or just a clever bodge by a previous owner?

Image

Image

Image
John Deeley
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 6:00 pm

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby rexwedge » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:58 pm

I have a 61 Li 125 Eibar. No Speedometer is fitted just a blanking plate with a small brass badge.
Was this common ? Or a budget model,.
rexwedge
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby dickie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:17 pm

125s were like that as standard. I'd treasure it if I were you.
dickie
 
Posts: 915
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:32 pm
Location: Tyne and Wear

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:43 am

LI 125 not made or sold in great numbers as I understand it - therefore blanking plate which you have isn’t a common part.

Keep hold !

Incidentally I think your scooter should also have all metal runner strips (no rubber inserts) on legshield and no badges on side panels
bookertmgs1
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby soullad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 am

In place of the speedo drive mechanism is there just a chain case oil level plug?
soullad
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 pm
Location: Flying 8 Balls SC. Norfolk

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby Digger » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:03 pm

soullad wrote:In place of the speedo drive mechanism is there just a chain case oil level plug?


?
User avatar
Digger
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:41 am
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby soullad » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:00 pm

The Eibar S2 125’s never had a speedo, so in all original ones I have seen to date, they all had a chaincase oil level plug fitted instead of the speedo drive mechanism. I guess it saves on tooling etc but the standard front hub speedo drive threads and the chaincase oil level plugs and breather plug threads are identical on most S1, S2 & S3 Lambrettas. It’s a neat solution for anyone who runs a modern speedo and needs to blank off the old speedo drive threads whilst still looking period ;)
soullad
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 pm
Location: Flying 8 Balls SC. Norfolk

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby rexwedge » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:20 pm

The Speedo drive is blanked off with what appears to be an oil level plug.
Thought it was a lash up at first.
rexwedge
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby rexwedge » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:23 pm

No panel badges too. And metal runners.
rexwedge
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:29 pm

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby soullad » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:44 pm

rexwedge wrote:The Speedo drive is blanked off with what appears to be an oil level plug.
Thought it was a lash up at first.

;)
soullad
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 pm
Location: Flying 8 Balls SC. Norfolk

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby Digger » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:12 pm

soullad wrote:The Eibar S2 125’s never had a speedo, so in all original ones I have seen to date, they all had a chaincase oil level plug fitted instead of the speedo drive mechanism. I guess it saves on tooling etc but the standard front hub speedo drive threads and the chaincase oil level plugs and breather plug threads are identical on most S1, S2 & S3 Lambrettas. It’s a neat solution for anyone who runs a modern speedo and needs to blank off the old speedo drive threads whilst still looking period ;)


8-)
User avatar
Digger
 
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 4:41 am
Location: Stroud, Gloucestershire

Previous

Return to Anorak's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron