LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Italian number plate

Need specific detail for a particular model, or just found something strange and interesting and want to know if its original. All attention to detail seekers report here!
Strict no chatter

Italian number plate

Postby Scooterdude » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:10 pm

I’ve still got the original Italian number plate on my scooter that i took off and saved before the rebuild, my question is (and ive had a google around but cant find anything) is there any way of getting the original information on my scooter by typing the number into a site somewhere?
Cheers guys.
Scooterdude

Re: Italian number plate

Postby Nigel. S » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:08 pm

this from a quick online search....

"If you are looking for the ownership history of a specific car, you can't do it on-line unless you are fluent in Italian. The Italian equivalent of DMV records (Pubblico Registro Automobilistico, or PRA) are kept by the Provincial offices of the Automobile Club of Italy, where a "Certificato cronologico" can be obtained by paying a fee of 20.82 Euros.

There are some websites of agencies which would obtain the document for you by paying a separate fee. You will however have to give not only the VIN number, but the registration plate number as well, otherwise it could be difficult to locate the records."

Luckily for me I had some documents hiding in the toolbox when I got mine including the PRA mentioned Above. Consequently I know when my Lambretta was manufactured (Oct '64) When it was first registered (Feb '65 in Rome) and who owned it including address. When it was taken off the road or "un" registered ('91) It's nice to have that history so I can understand you wanting it. Wonder if Rimini L C would know?
Nigel. S

Postby Scooterdude » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Good call, i'll give it a shot..
Scooterdude

Postby coaster » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:57 pm

I found the original Italian number plate and tax disc in the glove box when I bought mine and as you, would be interested to know a bit about its history. Let us know how you get on
coaster

Return to Anorak's Corner