LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Series 1 rear light fitting

Need specific detail for a particular model, or just found something strange and interesting and want to know if its original. All attention to detail seekers report here!
Strict no chatter

Series 1 rear light fitting

Postby Charliescooter » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:31 pm

The title sounds obvious but I ordered a new complete rear light and when I came to try and fit it, I could attach it all ok but when I came to try and attach the new rubber gasket I could not get the bolts onto the screw threads?
I know it's not rocket science so maybe I am doing something wrong like fitting the fixing bracket on wrong maybe?

I just hope I can get some feedback as to an easy fix on this?
It did not help my cause when websites selling parts advertise rear light for series one and early series two together?

Look forward to any expert help on this?
Charliescooter

Re: Series 1 rear light fitting

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:43 am

Welcome to the Forum Charlie. I suspect that the holes in the rubber gasket are out so you may have to make some more holes, if I am understanding you correctly. Pretty typical of lots of replacement parts i'm afraid.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Re: Series 1 rear light fitting

Postby Charliescooter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Hi rich thanks for the reply.
It's confused me and one of a good lesson is to try and purchase original as we can but we know how hard that can be? The seal itself is only the type that wraps around the rim not the one your thinking of?
I just mainly want to know how to fix the bracket correctly that came with the light as I do not know if I am fixing it correctly, like I said in original post, it fits nice until I come to fit the bracket and gasket?
Charliescooter

Return to Anorak's Corner