LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Spanish Serveta & Jet

Need specific detail for a particular model, or just found something strange and interesting and want to know if its original. All attention to detail seekers report here!
Strict no chatter

Spanish Serveta & Jet

Postby Paul Slack » Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Please note the anoraks corner designed to achieve attention to detail of facts including the history of the model, information maybe used for the main website, so your help and posts will go on to help others. By posting you agree to letting the LCGB use this information for its web site.

Please discuss detail for any Model Serveta & Jet.
Paul Slack

Re: Spanish Serveta & Jet

Postby riveracing » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:36 pm

I have what I believe to be a serveta Li125 engine that has been converted to take a 200 barrel.
the odd thing on the engine is there is a neutral light switch fitted, would this be correct for a late serveta or is the motor indian? is looks too well made to be indian in my opinion. its stamped 125 Li.
under the side cover there is no innocenti trade mark but a symbol that looks a bit like budda?
any ideas?
cheers, martin.
riveracing

Postby St George » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:53 pm

I have a late 1988 Servetta SX 200. just to clear up what frame is which, mine has no tool box lid at all. It also had a kidney air filter bolted to the frame. The earlier models had a tool box filter. The rubber connector to the carb is longer and only fitted the 20 mm carb. This may help someone ? My frame No is 870129

Colin
St George

Postby Walkie » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:26 pm

Some of you may have seen my posts re servetta v serveTa on Facebook whilst the forum was down.
A few people have confirmed that UK used TT spelling in early 80's.
I am struggling to find documentary evidence relating to TT spelling( see wanted section).
Mau at classic scooter scene advises me he will be bringing this question up in next issue.
Any one with documents with TT spelling or a machine badged with TT spelling ?
Cheers
Walkie

Postby Totally » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:49 am

Remind me after the Euro as i have some original litrature with Serveta spelt Servetta (somewhere!).
As far as i can remember, the Lambretta's were always badged Serveta (1 T) at the factory. The use of Servetta (2 T's) was mainly in the UK and Germany. I was told by Ian Newman (Rafferty Newman) that the spelling of Servetta (2 T's) was done in the UK because at the time there were 2 competing importers. I have seen sales brochures and importer letterheads which use Servetta and Serveta.
Interestingly, the first use of the word Serveta that i have seen is the name of the main Lambretta dealer in Madrid in the early 1960's. I have been told that this dealer belonged to the factory. In 1973 (after the Innocenti factory and rights had been sold to India), the Spanish stopped badging their Lambretta's LL and Eibar and instead badged them Serveta. The use of Servetta seems to be during the 1980's. Hope this helps, Perry
Totally

Postby lammydave » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:26 am

Hi,
I have a Jet "Performer" US spec

It has control switches on both sides of the handlebars

The gearchange side switch is inoperative due to the action of the gearchange slicing through the wires

This was a known fault and I am informed that a mod was carried out that involved the wiring being moved outside of the headset

I have seen this a while ago, but wondered if anyone had info or photos to allow me to carry out this mod
thank you
david
lammydave

Postby mcbrid » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Eibar Factory - apparently is being/has been demolished.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of pictures yet I know a few UK folks visited on the way to the Euro in Avignon

Anyway I found this interesting piece (translated roughly into English from the Wiki apparently into English) which gives an interesting insight into what went on towards the end.

Who is this mysterious Alpha/Alfa that is mentioned and then what did the factory in Orbar look like?

Lambretta Locomociones S. is a Spanish factory of motorcycles.

On 1953 is based on Guipuzcoan locality of Eibar ( Basque Country, Spain ) the company Lambretta Locomociones S. of the hand of Florencio Irigoyen Berrondo. This will be the third company of automotion that was created in Spain and that dedicated itself to the contrucción of motorcycles. Lambretta was dedicated, unlike the other existing ones, LUBE and Bultaco, to the segment of " wheel pequeña". This company would maintain its facilities in Eibar until 1984 and the following year was located in new facilities in Amurrio ( Biscay ) that stayed until 1989 that the mark disappeared definitively.

The works of building of factories began the 25 of May of 1953 and the 10 of June of the following year are inaugurated, this construction was of singular characteristics, as much in the building of factories as in the later building of offices.

The production began with two variants of the model " d", one simple and the one of luxury, denominated " Ld". In 1958 sends to model 175 TV that is first to escuter in incorporating Disk brake . In 1960 sends the family of models LI who would serve to him to resolve a crisis that had been developed from the Plan of National Stabilization of Minister Gual Villalbi two years before.

In 1967 reaches an agreement with the Japanese company Honda for the manufacture and import of Mopeds As a result of this agreement changes the denomination of the company Serveta Industrial S., escúteres Lambretta, metallic Honda mopeds and furniture .

In 1969 begins the manufacture of the models of Honda 50 PC and PS once overcome the problems of suppliers since it could not matter from Japan and Europe were very expensive to do it. The neighboring industry was used it auxiliary manufacture. The relations between Honda and Lambretta were deteriorated and in 1978 stopped making. In 1972 engages Jose Maria Garagorri who designs a moped and a minimotorcycle in the style of Honda Dax. Whereas the minimotorcycle was not gotten to commercialize the mopeds they did if it. Several models of mopeds are realized until in 1979 give ins its manufacture.

After many difficulties in January of 1979 appears a suspension of payments as a result of which the workers take control of part of the actions of the company, the following year Joint-stock company leaves the legal figure of and adopts the one of Labor Joint-stock company to perceive a better fiscal treatment and to be able to choose to different aid. Although the workers weigh the facilities the company Alpha, that had made the motors from the beginning, maintain the property of the patents. In 1984 the company closes, 44 workers maintains property than it is, Alpha continues being dreams of the patents and the tools and an industralist of outside buy the buildings and Alpha buys to Innocenti the world-wide rights on the Lambretta mark.

On 1985 is based the mark Orbar S. in that some workers of the old Lambretta participate, the Alfa company (puts the capital) and the company of metallic stampings Range, that soon would retire of the project. Orbar is located in Amurrio and begins to work in remove to the market escuter Amiga, triker Tron and a delivery van. The lack of a reliable technical office, the company had been customary to that from Italy the technical problems will be solved, and the amount of arisen problems causes that the viability of the project is put in doubt. Alpha takes control of all the actions in 1989 and closes the factory the following year.

The industrial buildings of Lambretta in Eibar

The orographic characteristics of Eibar have forced a peculiar development of the industrial architecture. The Lambretta company Locomotions constructed two contiguous buildings (that still are conserved), one dedicated to factories and another one to offices that have excellent characteristics.

The project was ordered to the architect Joaquin Domínguez Elósegui in 1953, which also realized modifications in the years 1956 and 1960 . The definition of the needs of the company as well as the influence of the constructions of Italian the automobile industry (the activities for Fiat of engineer Giacomo Matté) were used in an optimal advantage of the ground. The terrace of the construction was used like track of tests for Motorcycles where a terminal velocity of 50 could be reached Km/h.

The building emphasizes by its great size, is raised on an ample plinth covered of lajas of irregular stone. In him all the characteristics take body from the industrial architecture where the light search does that the great large windows take protagonism in the facades arriving to make disappear the wall, all this made in concrete. The straight profiles lose protagonism in the lintel where by means of a combination of curves they lodged the name of the company. The interior is diaphanous, making of the open space the major key for the installation would scheme of it necessary for the production.

Back-to-back to the great building of factories the office staff is located. This, projected next to the other, it was not constructed until 1956. Elosegui adopts the curved gusset that facilitates the adaptation of the facades and solves the ended up one raising constructive protagonism to give relevance to the mark. The curved gusset excels in height and the pinnacle is raised that gives base to the masts of the flags of the mark.

In the interior, in their four plants, the technical and administrative dependancies are located. The reception, that was designed to give image of the company, is from where they leave to the stairs and the elevator. The care of the design is seen in the nobility of the materials used for its decoration, materials as Marbles and traventinos noble Jaspers wood … give idea of the importance of this space. The first plant lodges the technical and administrative offices next to them office of the high direction (management and technical director) the curved zone reserve for the room of the advice. The other plants lodge archives and other services. The outer shell of this I build was in ladrilleta of seen face.
mcbrid

Postby mcbrid » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:45 am

Do we have a Serveta 'expert' on the Forum please?

Looking to find the paint codes for a white late (88) Lynx?

:?:
mcbrid

Postby Rich Oswald » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:25 pm

Servetta expert on here is Perry Lewis who's user name is Totally, see post above. Message him.
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby St George » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:18 pm

McBrid. If you find the code I have a 1988 as well, let me know please. Ta
St George

Postby mcbrid » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Cheers Rich - will do St George
:D
mcbrid

Postby Storkfoot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:05 pm

I stand to be corrected but I don't think that there are any printed paint code lists for Eibar, Serveta or the really late Spanish Lynxes. The only bit of information I can give you on "Serveta white" is that the white on a 1980 Jet 200 was a greyer white than an Italian or Indian GP.
Storkfoot

Postby Totally » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:53 am

Unfortunately there are no paint codes for Spanish models like there are for Innocenti models.
Earlier Spanish models tend to use SEAT colours but most of these shades are now obsolete. The only option for a perfect match is to get a paint factor to match from an original sample of paintwork.
As more and more Spanish built Lambretta's are being restored to factory spec, it may be worth people sharing the results of paint matching on here. Cheers Perry
Totally

Postby St George » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:34 pm

I have been told that some auto paint suppliers now have a computerised scanner, it scans a sample of old paint and identifies the correct colour, make etc. In this day and age, it sounds possible ?
St George

Postby St George » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Has anyone fitted a new complete Italian SX headset on a late SX200 Serveta, was there any complications please. or a straight swap ???
St George

Postby Andyf » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:34 pm

it appears that my Jet/Serveta has the following:

no battery
blanked off indicator switch on handlebars
a regulator
no wires between the headset and stator
and 12V bulbs all round

can anyone offer advice on where I might find a wiring diagram (I appreciate that some of the above will be wrong/modified)
Andyf

Postby St George » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Have you tried Stickys manual, I am sure there is one in there.
St George

Postby swissdean » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:39 pm

anyone now where I can get 3 Serveta series 80 keys cut? seem to have one for ignition (top of light unit), one for the toolbox and one for the seat..
swissdean

Postby Afandy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:23 am

swissdean wrote:anyone now where I can get 3 Serveta series 80 keys cut? seem to have one for ignition (top of light unit), one for the toolbox and one for the seat..

First port of call would be Jem Booth he's on here also Facebook ...
Afandy

Postby swissdean » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:28 pm

any one have access to a headset wring diagram for an '86 lince..pulled headset top off to fit a new speedo cable and a few ires have come out, got most working but no dip beam..bulb is ok

Thanks
Dean
swissdean

Next

Return to Anorak's Corner