LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Spanish Eibar & LL

Need specific detail for a particular model, or just found something strange and interesting and want to know if its original. All attention to detail seekers report here!
Strict no chatter

Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby Paul Slack » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Please note the anoraks corner designed to achieve attention to detail of facts including the history of the model, information maybe used for the main website, so your help and posts will go on to help others. By posting you agree to letting the LCGB use this information for its web site.

Please discuss detail for any Model Eibar & LL.
Paul Slack

Re: Spanish Eibar & LL

Postby Totally » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:09 am

Thanks Paul....
When I get back from the Euro and get some spare time, I will try to post some history and model information in the Spanish forums. Perry
Totally

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:15 pm

"Eibar" horncast badge on a Series 2. Where they originally painted or just plain? I have assumed the paint has just fallen off over the years, however, there is not the slightest trace of paint on it anywhere.
Storkfoot

Postby bolzenanker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:37 am

Is the headlight reflector in an Eibar Winter Series 2 the same as the Italian Series 3 Special or SX?

Thanks

Warren
bolzenanker

Postby mickey c » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi Warren
i am by no means an expert but i presume you mean the SX style Winter model headlight, i did have 1 with round headlight.
if it is the SX type i was told the Eibar one is unique, i.e. an italian SX one wont fit but must admit to never trying to squeeze one in mine. the very helpful guys at Buzzsolomoto will know though!
mickey c

Postby bolzenanker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:34 pm

mickey c wrote:Hi Warren
i am by no means an expert but i presume you mean the SX style Winter model headlight, i did have 1 with round headlight.
if it is the SX type i was told the Eibar one is unique, i.e. an italian SX one wont fit but must admit to never trying to squeeze one in mine. the very helpful guys at Buzzsolomoto will know though!

Thanks Mickey, yes the Winter model. Was hoping a standard SX reflector would do the trick but really can't tell from pictures on the internet and I don't own an SX to check. I'll keep looking and probably check with Buzz also. Thanks again.
bolzenanker

Postby St George » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:43 pm

The SX reflector and chrome trim do not fit the Spanish one, not even close. More money wasted.
St George

Postby bolzenanker » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:47 pm

St George wrote:The SX reflector and chrome trim do not fit the Spanish one, not even close. More money wasted.

Thanks St George, I'll learn from your experience and continue my quest...
bolzenanker

Postby soullad » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:06 am

for originality, keep your eyes peeled for the S 3 version of the Spanish made FORES headlight reflector, for the winter headset.
The Bosatta 344 front headlight rim will fit the winter headlight the closest out of all the newly remade items. Even then you may need to rub back your paint / powder for a nice fit.
hope that helps.
soullad

Postby bolzenanker » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:39 pm

soullad wrote:for originality, keep your eyes peeled for the S 3 version of the Spanish made FORES headlight reflector, for the winter headset.
The Bosatta 344 front headlight rim will fit the winter headlight the closest out of all the newly remade items. Even then you may need to rub back your paint / powder for a nice fit.
hope that helps.

It helps alot, I know what I'm looking for now. I'll keep searching, fortunately this project isn't in a hurry, so I've got plenty of time and hopefully something will pop up.

Thanks again.
bolzenanker

Postby soullad » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:48 pm

no problem at all, happy to help, just pop any questions on here and the replies from far and wide will help you and others no doubt.
soullad

Postby St George » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Mine looks so bad that I will change the whole headset when I can find one cheap enough. : )
St George

Postby soullad » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:53 pm

The headlight rim looks so bad? You mean a bad fit? If so try the Bosatta rim as mentioned
If your headset is knackered then Buzz sells good quality remade ones, and he's had headlight rims to match made too, bonus !

There are a few unque and seldom seen parts on the early Spanish S2's but most regular Innocent S2 parts will fit, depends on how original / fussy you are I guess.
If you transplanting an s3 engine into one then consider the remade kickstarts with the longer return lugs. Original versions of these were actually fitted to the early s2 tv175s.
soullad

Postby dickie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:53 pm

I'm considering a winter model li150 series 2.

The frame number starts 0668**. British lambretta archive says that they ran from 040001 to 052000+.

What's correct?
dickie

Postby soullad » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:45 pm

I have personally had one winter model that started 06 so its possible that you do have a genuine Eibar made machine. that said I would speak to Buzz about getting a "sensible" dating certificate if it hasn't already been registered. there are a few anomalies around .... never say never with Spanish Lambretta.
soullad

Postby Totally » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:41 pm

Unfortunately the British lambretta archive info is now out of date with regard to Winter models.
It was assumed that Winter models were discontinued when the the Spanish introduced the S3 Scooterlinea models in 1965. However, it seems that the Winter model continued in production (in small numbers) beyond frame number 052000 and in parallel to the newer model. According to Spanish experts the factory probably continued to make small numbers of Winter models until supplies of the parts eventually ran out.
As you may know, I help the LCGB in dating Spanish Lambretta's and i have seen several very late frame number examples of the Winter model. Judging by actual Spanish documentation, these last models were produced in 1965. It goes without saying that the LCGB are the best sourse of dating certificates for Spanish built Lambretta's which are avaiable through Rich Oswald.
Hope this helps.
Totally

Postby soullad » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:28 pm

^^^ all true, and Perry has been dealing with Spanish Lambretta longer than most. Everytime a discovery is revealed to the masses, the goalposts move.
Take the S3's ..... How many folk knew of the Spanish TV2's say 15 years ago, or even the early non ochre SX200's ?
I also had a phone chat with Roob (I think that's how you spell his name, not sure if he is a member on here) and he has an 06 winter in his collection painted in Spanish Postal Office livery.
And what of the Eibar produced open frame models? ... are their subtle differences & unique parts to their Innocenti cousins?
I think that's part of the attraction of these machines, always something new to learn :D
soullad

Postby dickie » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:47 pm

Ok, the particular s2 eibar I was asking about above slipped through my fingers but I've bought a different one.

I'm puzzled by the one I've got. It's apparently not a winter as it has a regular headset, but was apparently registered on 10-10-66, this appears to be backed up by its frame and engine numbers which match and are both 0668##.

I haven't received the bike yet so I'm just going from info I'm being emailed.

Is this a winter with the wrong headset or did some li150 s2 eibars get manufactured much later than I previously thought?
dickie

Postby wayne s » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:12 am

On a 68LIS is the speedo face the same as an Italian one?
wayne s

Postby dickie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:35 pm

wayne s wrote:On a 68LIS is the speedo face the same as an Italian one?

I think the difference is that the spanish ones have "bressel" shown on them instead of "innocenti" and "veglia"
dickie

Next

Return to Anorak's Corner