LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Arancione SX150, which colour paint on wheel rims

Need specific detail for a particular model, or just found something strange and interesting and want to know if its original. All attention to detail seekers report here!
Strict no chatter

Arancione SX150, which colour paint on wheel rims

Postby Mitch » Tue May 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi, can anyone tell me the correct Lechler colour code for the wheel rims, hub, front wheel on a 1967 SX150 which was finished in Arancione 8037. Is it the Carter aluminium 8081? Also, what colour would the spare wheel carrier have been?
Mitch

Re: Arancione SX150, which colour paint on wheel rims

Postby TurboTrev » Wed May 03, 2017 7:06 pm

I think that's the colour everyone uses (it's the colour I used on my late SX150 resto). Have you seen this: https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/e ... tail/id/76
TurboTrev

Postby maz » Wed May 03, 2017 9:06 pm

Yes Trev, he's seen that I sent him the link as well. The hubs and wheels look a more ' flatter ' grey than the GP Aluminium Carter. I think your right in that the later SX's used the Aluminium Carter, but Mitch's SX is 1967.
maz

Postby Mitch » Thu May 04, 2017 8:14 pm

Yes, Max is correct. Those photos do not properly illustrate the colour. The wheel rims and hubs on my SX are the original colour but it is anyone's guess what that is. It would need a spectrophotometer to compare but even then I doubt it would be accurate given the age of the paint?
Anyone know the colour for certain?
Mitch

Return to Anorak's Corner