LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

2 stroke oil container.

Need help identifying that accessory? or just want to show off some of your Lambretta memorabilia? .......... This section of Anoraks Corner is for members to show off their Lambretta accessories and memorabilia.
Strict no chatter

2 stroke oil container.

Postby solostax » Tue May 28, 2019 12:17 pm

For those of us running 3%.....

5oz Stainless Sliver Jerry Can Hip Flask Liquor Whisky Pocket Bottle + Funnel

Just got few of these from China via ebay,makes a handy 2 stroke oil reserve back up supply.
Although nominally rated at 5 fluid oz my ones actually take 148ml which is 2ml shy of true 3%

5 UK oz = 142.065 ml, which if mixed with 5 litres = 2.84% ratio.
If this 5 litres of petrol + 142.065mL is added to existing quantity of petroil in tank the final ratio gets closer to 3%.

Alternatively, could be used for original purpose ?
solostax

Re: 2 stroke oil container.

Postby Hat » Tue May 28, 2019 1:50 pm

those are pretty neat. i got some 250ml plastic squeezy bottles. at 3% each one of these equals a full 8 litre tank of fuel
Hat

Postby solostax » Tue May 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi Hat
Thanks for your comment.
I admit to not being very brave on leaving it late to refuel .Interesting you run quite close to an empty (standard) tank before refilling? ,where as I prefer to premix 20 litres (600 ml semi synthetic) at home, fill the tank and if riding more than 120 miles from base ,refill at 5 litre intervals from en route garages using a measured 150 ml plastic bottle.
I have noticed ,using several premarked plastic containers for liquid measurement ,the varying accuracy of the level markings.As an accurate reference I have calibrated several using the jumbo medical syringes,trusting that these have got to be spot on for medical reasons.
Saw these mini jerry cans and as a novelty use one for a 5 litre 3% oil container.
Regards
Mark
solostax

Postby Hat » Tue May 28, 2019 6:49 pm

Nah I’m the same, never run it that close to empty but these are handy for a longer run when running out of 2 stroke is a possibility. My main carry bottle is one or those SIP graduated 500ml bottles but this is only 2 full tanks worth so it’s good to have backup. If i carry a spare fuel can then this will be premixed obviously. I have a slim 2l fuel container as a ‘get me home’ backup.
Hat

Postby coaster » Tue May 28, 2019 9:46 pm

Re the general accuracy aspect, it really isn't that critical ;) if you are 1/2% out either way it's unlikely to cause any issues in terms of lubrication although too little oil will make it a bit rich (more petrol) and too muck oil will make it leaner. A small 2t measuring jug has worked for me, sometimes I spill some and it doesn't all go in but has never caused a problem.
coaster

Return to Accessories and Memorabilia