LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Vigano spare wheel holder

Need help identifying that accessory? or just want to show off some of your Lambretta memorabilia? .......... This section of Anoraks Corner is for members to show off their Lambretta accessories and memorabilia.
Strict no chatter

Vigano spare wheel holder

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:10 pm

I have had this several years. I seem to recall having to take a lump hammer to it to get it to "stretch" over the legshields (as you do :oops: ). Having retrieved it from the loft, it's still a poor fit on a Series 3.

My question is, is it possible that it's actually for a Series 2, ie. the hole spacings are the same distance apart on a Series 3 as on a Series 2?

Storkfoot

Re: Vigano spare wheel holder

Postby Dimitrios_231 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:52 am

I think that this type of holder is for S3 but you need to fix it at the horncast holes (not so good) instead of the top mudguard ones.
Dimitrios_231

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:25 pm

That's interesting. I'll have to have another look at it. I don't recall taking the hammer to the lower part.
Storkfoot

Postby landybretta » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:05 pm

Dimitrios_231 wrote:I think that this type of holder is for S3 but you need to fix it at the horncast holes (not so good) instead of the top mudguard ones.

Mine fastened to the top mudguard bolts just like yours. I wouldn't fasten anything using the horncast screws.
landybretta

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:03 pm

Lots of spare wheel holders fasten through the horncast bolts. However, they don't pivot at that precise point, and so, they are fine in my experience.
Storkfoot

Return to Accessories and Memorabilia