LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Reboring

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Reboring

Postby mikeyb1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Can anyone recommend (by personal experience preferably please) a Company in the Bristol area that can bore my 150 cylinder to 175 ? Thanks, mike.
mikeyb1

Re: Reboring

Postby Scooterdude » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi. No but ive used AF Rayspeed a few times who are probably as good as anyone. Post it off to them and it’s always been back the same week plus they will supply the piston and hone accordingly.
Scooterdude

Postby Tractorman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:46 am

Chiselspeed are also good but I don't take it to the bloke down the road who doe re-bores but does not know the first thing about re-boring Lambrettas.
Tractorman

Postby dickie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Tractorman wrote:Chiselspeed are also good but I don't take it to the bloke down the road who doe re-bores but does not know the first thing about re-boring Lambrettas.

What's the difference between a lambretta rebore and say a rd400 rebore?

I've been thinking about using a bike shop in Newcastle (Armstrong's) who has good reputation but I'd doubt he's done many lambrettas.
dickie

Postby HxPaul » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:41 am

dickie wrote:
Tractorman wrote:Chiselspeed are also good but I don't take it to the bloke down the road who doe re-bores but does not know the first thing about re-boring Lambrettas.

What's the difference between a lambretta rebore and say a rd400 rebore?

I've been thinking about using a bike shop in Newcastle (Armstrong's) who has good reputation but I'd doubt he's done many lambrettas.

I would have thought that as long as you give him the clearance between the piston and bore and he's done quite a few motorcycles and had no comebacks,then I dont see anything wrong with using him.
HxPaul

Postby steve c » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:58 pm

post it to rayspeed
steve c

Return to Tuning & Kits