LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

GP Flywheel

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

GP Flywheel

Postby Tony Hart » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:41 pm

I’ve got a ‘new’ GP flywheel that I have tried to set up and with the stator rotated fully clockwise in it’s slots the closest to Before TDC is 31 degrees. I guess that this is one of those impossible to set up ones mentioned in Stickie’s book!

This started as an exhaust swap that so far has ended up with new crank, (hence ‘new’ flywheel), new mag housing (broke original when swapping bearings), complete strip of body work (found cracked cross member when re-fitting engine so needed welding doing) and a sheared woodruff key. Got to admit it’s going bloody well! :D

Back to original point, I guess my only option is to buy another flywheel?
Tony Hart

Re: GP Flywheel

Postby rossclark » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:10 pm

Have you got the other flywheel so you can compare the position of the key ways?
rossclark

Postby dickie » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:53 pm

I've got one of those. Tried moving the boss round by one hole and it just made it differently crap. So I fitted an external pick up, which I prefer anyway.

Still cheaper than a decent 2kg flywheel as the flywheel was 35 and the pick up 30.
dickie

Postby Tony Hart » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:49 am

rossclark wrote:Have you got the other flywheel so you can compare the position of the key ways?

Unfortunately not as I swapped the boss on it to a GP one. Something else that failed as i couldn’t get the timing on that right either.

I remembered where I bought the flywheel and have contacted them so will see what happens. The other thing with it is that neither of my flywheel holders fit it properly as the windows are too small. Pain to get on and off so will replace it completely rather than swop the boss or go the external pick up route.
Tony Hart

Postby HxPaul » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:10 am

Did you fasten the boss to the correct holes,if you have it out by one hole,you'll never be able to set the timing.
HxPaul

Postby Tony Hart » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:07 pm

HxPaul wrote:Did you fasten the boss to the correct holes,if you have it out by one hole,you'll never be able to set the timing.

That was my thought with the replacement boss but I moved it round and compared it to my other bikes flywheel before losing the will to live with it and buying ‘new’ flywheel as the easy option :D . Might give the replacement boss one another go while I wait for a reply from the seller.
Tony Hart

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3