LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Ron Moss clubman exhaust

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Ron Moss clubman exhaust

Postby al pushpak » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:16 pm

Hi, just wondered if anyone on here has tried one of these on a TS1 kit yet ? I would be interested to hear any feedback/info cheers ;)
al pushpak

Re: Ron Moss clubman exhaust

Postby dickie » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:54 pm

I'm running one. Only done a handful of miles as the bike was only properly finished yesterday.

Not too noisy, picks up at around 4000 rpm. And is very progressive.

I had a few fitment issues, but my motor is modified 150 Spanish case with 3.5mm base packer. So I don't really know if the fault was with my motor or the pipe.

Ron moss was extremely helpful as always and I believe has made some changes for the second batch to improve fitment especially on ts1.

I'm running an avanti head and it clears it easily although I seem to recall cutting the cylinder cowl; altalthough I think that's to be expected.

It doesn't seem to get too hot as I never got above 140c in my cht gauge. Probe in same position as af mammoth head.

See my dyno graph on the winter model thread l did. It feels quicker than the graph looks.
dickie

Postby Strummer10 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:56 pm

Yes I have also got one, fitted the Ex Box on my TS1 a few months back. I must say what a pleasure it was to fit, all went onto the engine casing with ease and fully fitted within half an hour. By far the easiest exhaust ive fitted. I have a avanti head on my cylinder with matching cowling and on an Italian casing. No adaptations were needed to either and it just went straight on. I have now done about 500 miles since fitting and very happy with performance. Pulls well through the range and is crisp and not too noisy. Think you'll be impressed !

P.s I did the Southend Shakedown yesterday and it felt great cruising along the A127. A few mates also have them on their Lambrettas with similar feedback.
Strummer10

Postby al pushpak » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:41 am

hi, thanks for the quick replies & info, definitely food for thought, I currently run a ts1 with a V4 BGM exhaust , 30mm phbh & 4.84 4th gear ratio, its a great set up with bags of torque but it does tend to "flat out " just under the 7k mark, I known a box pipe will never match the peak power of an expansion but my other question is does the Ron Moss exhaust rev on a bit more compared to the BGM ? thanks again for any info cheers ;)
al pushpak

Postby dickie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:55 am

Mine revs past 8000rpm and tails off from 6000ish. But I'm running a kytronic which retards and causes the tail off.

Once I've run mine for a while l may use a curve with less retard or remove completely. Need to keep an eye on CHT for a while first.
dickie

Postby Gtwildcat » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:05 pm

This response is from my Mate Glenno of Glenspeed Fame.

So my response would be

I have one fitted to a TS1 ( and 2 others on Rapido 225’s )
Completed over 2000 miles and the power delivery is progressive , linear is how I’d describe it. It continues to rev , and even though I had a GORI GP50 on before, which revved more highly , it was pointless as I could only run 5.21 final drive as it died in 4th in anything lower - now run 4.99 and it continues to rev, sat at a steady sat nav speed of 75mph but there was more.
Fitting was a pleasure and done in 40mins , everything lined up and my dremel was not needed.
Build quality is excellent , and the coating on the main chamber is still on!!!

I will not be buying any other box pipe as long as these are produced - well done Ron!!!
Gtwildcat

Postby Bilko » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Sorry to jump in here. but which way round did you fit your coach bolts? Because putting them in from behind with the nuts on the front was really tricky for me.
Bilko

Postby al pushpak » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:33 pm

Bilko, I would have thought that would be the correct way to fit them as the bolts have a squared off section that I guess is designed to "captivate" in the exhaust bracket ,though you could fit them the other way round but it would probably be a bit of a fiddle to fit the nylocs between the bracket & cylinder due to the lack of space :)
al pushpak

Postby Bilko » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:24 pm

I had to undo the cylinder cowling to get one of the coach bolts in. I'm really not looking forward to ever having to take the exhaust off. Hopefully, I won't have to.
Bilko

Postby bolzenanker » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:58 am

Whoa Bilko, no need to touch the head cowling once the stub manifold if fitted. I have two EX-BOX's and were really easy to fit.

My personal method was to loosely assemble the two coach bolts and slide the box, swan neck and tail pipe clip into place. It was that easy. The coach bolts work perfectly as a captive bolt and leaves loads of clearance from the cylinder and cowl.

Any issues, then Ron is always on the end of the phone, and I know he's sold loads for TS1's.

Regards

Warren
bolzenanker

Postby Bilko » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:07 pm

I'll be able to practice. I'm having to change the clutch. :D
Bilko

Postby Bilko » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:24 pm

I found my issue. I head the header pipe in too far.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

(This is my inability to fit the pipe properly NOT the quality of the pipe build).
Bilko

Postby bolzenanker » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:09 am

Cool, I've been very glad it's easy to fit as I've been resolving GT casing, Cyclone gearbox and AF road clutch conflicts (probably operator error to be honest). It's been on and off loads of times.

Good luck with the clutch.

Regards

Warren
bolzenanker

Postby Simon_T » Sun May 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Gtwildcat wrote:This response is from my Mate Glenno of Glenspeed Fame.

So my response would be

I have one fitted to a TS1 ( and 2 others on Rapido 225’s )
Completed over 2000 miles and the power delivery is progressive , linear is how I’d describe it. It continues to rev , and even though I had a GORI GP50 on before, which revved more highly , it was pointless as I could only run 5.21 final drive as it died in 4th in anything lower - now run 4.99 and it continues to rev, sat at a steady sat nav speed of 75mph but there was more.
Fitting was a pleasure and done in 40mins , everything lined up and my dremel was not needed.
Build quality is excellent , and the coating on the main chamber is still on!!!

I will not be buying any other box pipe as long as these are produced - well done Ron!!!

Hi any idea what the jetting and gearing is please
Simon_T

Postby gerryjunior » Tue May 07, 2019 8:22 pm

how loud / quiet are these, are they gori loud ??
gerryjunior

Postby bike grim » Tue May 07, 2019 8:41 pm

I’d say BGM noise level, not Gori loud.
bike grim

Return to Tuning & Kits