LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Strange one this

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Strange one this

Postby Leotech » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:00 am

The difference between an X4 and X7 is 0.2mm in diameter of the main body. The X4 needle is very slightly richer. Cam Lam recommend a X4 for some set ups, but they also recommend a bigger main for a Mugello. Whenever I've built Mugello motors I've found the Cam Lam jetting to be pretty much spot on and just fine tune the main and needle clip depending on what type of pipe is fitted.

There is a page on MB website detailing the Delorto needles and which are richer leaner etc.
Leotech

Postby dscscotty » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:46 pm

With Dellorto's there are that many options that of alternative jetting routes that lead to the same results, however its good that you find Camlams jetting table helpful, although its not the route I generally take, I've got a load of x2 needles that I've never used as find then to rich for almost every set up,
dscscotty

Postby Donnie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:35 pm

Certainly would say the majority of phbh 26/28/30mm carbs on lammies are gonna be running x7 or x13 needles, not a lot gonna be running x4
Donnie

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits