LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Bent LONG tag bottom clutch steels?

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Bent LONG tag bottom clutch steels?

Postby Adam_Winstone » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 pm

Report this post
Quote

 Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:10 pm

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I might still be able to buy longer tag bottom steel clutch plates from?

Cambridge Lambretta used to sell these, with the idea being that they are long enough that, once bent upwards, locate better into the standard clutch centre, rather than ride under the radius at the bottom of the legs. However, since making the move to machined billet spiders, as most dealers have, they no longer make/supply these parts, which is all good if you want to buy a billet spider but pushes up costs for a cheap and cheerful 5-plate upgrade to a standard clutch. Yes, you can bend the tags up on a standard tag length steel but they are then still VERY close to riding under the spider as they wear.

The whole idea of this is to be able to use up the standard spiders with a 5-plate assembly so 'buy a billet spider' is not the answer that I'm looking for in this instance, however, I do use them and appreciate the benefits.

Does anyone know if the longer tag bottom steels are still available anywhere or have a number sitting unused on their shelf?

Cheers,

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Re: Bent LONG tag bottom clutch steels?

Postby ULC Soulagent » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:01 pm

ULC Soulagent

Postby Adam_Winstone » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:15 pm

Thanks for the link. I don't know whether these are suitably long but I'll certainly make contact to check.

Thanks again.

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Postby Thackers » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Adam, try either ebay number:401456493413 or Martin Corrado at just Lambretta.
P.S have you decided to sell me that sunny front hub you're never going to use? :o :o ;) ;) ;) 8-)
Thackers

Postby Adam_Winstone » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:27 pm

Sorted for the steels now, thanks.

Sunny hub...... err... no ;)
Adam_Winstone

Postby martyn dwane » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:24 am

[quote="Adam_Winstone"]Sorted for the steels now, thanks.

Where did you source them from Adam ?
martyn dwane

Postby Adam_Winstone » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:48 pm

^... Well, hoping that I'm sorted. I ordered from LTH.

Ideally I'd have liked to source some 1.2m thick ones but had to go for both the 1.0 and 1.5mm LTH items. I'll see which suit my assembly best. I'd rather use something thicket than 1.0mm as I've had them wear/deform quickly in other clutches, and the 1.5mm gives no advantage over standard, other than the tabs being long enough to engage correctly, which is still a huge advantage. If the 1.5mm fit OK with my stack and top plate then I'll use those.

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Return to Tuning & Kits