LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

ethanol free fuel

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

ethanol free fuel

Postby lam1962brettagg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:02 pm

hi all
after reading the last page in jetset about dodgy fuel and its problems I looked up 'how to remove ethanol from fuel'
really interesting results on utube and wondered if anyone has actually tried this method to ensure 'pure' petrol with no ethanol ? one problem though, no journeys more than a tank of fuel :(
think i will give it a go after numerous running problems and overheating on my standard 150.
lam1962brettagg

Re: ethanol free fuel

Postby Scooterslag » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:32 pm

lam1962brettagg wrote:hi all
after reading the last page in jetset about dodgy fuel and its problems I looked up 'how to remove ethanol from fuel'
really interesting results on utube and wondered if anyone has actually tried this method to ensure 'pure' petrol with no ethanol ? one problem though, no journeys more than a tank of fuel :(
think i will give it a go after numerous running problems and overheating on my standard 150.

I run a standard SX150 on modern fuels without any problems ( though I do use a petrol addictive ) your over heating problems may be down to something else such as too advanced ignition timing or a air leak. Paul
Scooterslag

Postby lam1962brettagg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:38 pm

Scooterslag wrote:
lam1962brettagg wrote:hi all

I run a standard SX150 on modern fuels without any problems ( though I do use a petrol addictive ) your over heating problems may be down to something else such as too advanced ignition timing or a air leak. Paul

cheers Paul for advice and info
I have altered timing even to 15°. checked for all possible airleaks too. but will still try to get running properly.
lam1962brettagg

Postby corrado » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Kevin McKay from Blackpool has been doing this for a few months. Fills his tank and loads as much extra as he can depending on how far he's traveling. No adverse reactions as far as I'm aware. I forget if he's on here or not but I'll tag him into this post and see what he can tell you.
corrado

Postby Raveydavey » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:28 am

You'd be setting up your bike to run on fuel you have to make yourself. Fine if you only do local rides but you won't be doing any real miles unless you carry loads of jerry cans. I'd fix the issue of overheating, which would be either timing, carb set up or an air leak.
Raveydavey

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3