LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

pwk 30

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

pwk 30

Postby neil64 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:27 pm

hello.
firstly anyone using a 30mm ?, if so are you using it as updraught without issues ?

cheers.
neil64

Re: pwk 30

Postby Warkton Tornado No.1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:14 pm

I've been involved with several PWK's & really rate them.

There are fundamental issues (as in blueprinting) to correct specification with some of the copies, but otherwise, they are a revelation compared to.... :roll: (I dare not say....) In fact, there is/was one fitted to a green/white Lammie now local to you, bought by a local gal that was in the local lot years ago when Bruce etc was about. Hint, hint...

Search on Google of best tips if you want to check out 'cos you should do that prior to jetting in. There should even be stuff on here.

If the top end you have up for grabs is not a Calcutta special, could even do a deal :?: as I have spare carbs.

Got to go out now, but bear in mind I'm local :D & had that Rapido top end off you....
Warkton Tornado No.1

Postby drivera » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:51 am

neil64 wrote:hello.
firstly anyone using a 30mm ?, if so are you using it as updraught without issues ?

cheers.

Yeah cracking carb , check out genuine Keihin's , not too pricey when compared to Delly's :D
drivera

Postby neil64 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:21 pm

hi

yes i remember (where did that rapido go to ?) .regarding the pwk , im using one 28mm on my muggy 186 , all i can say is i approached the carb change over with a bit of what if ?. needed have worried . looked at varous sites and set ups , following the" jetting in procedure" ( so simple). idle, needle , main , plug colur - fine .and the final test was coming back from a certain island (down south) last year on the hotest day ( phew and it was !!)without so much of a miss fire . amazing. :D
so tiping a 30 mm slightly shouldnt be an issue. Its for a spare so be nice to experiment.
neil64

Return to Carburettors