LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

My scooters

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

My scooters

Postby Gsparky » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:05 am

The green silver scooter is a bitsa,1984 Eibar but I bought it when I was 21/22 from a guy in Welwyn garden city for £370 in 1991/92 ,it needed an mot but after a while I ended up selling it to my dad for £250! He had an LD he shared with his brother when he was younger!
When I was around 37 he told me he still had the scooter! I bought it back off him for £250! Moaned at him for a few new scratches!Got the engine rebuilt, etc and it’s still going well, my dad passed away in 2015 so it’s a very emotional tie!
The yellow scooter is a sil 125 /200 1984 which I bought a few years ago which is a nice nippy bike to ride the brakes were awful when I first got it but recently put a front disc brake on it which is great but I tend to use the front brake more than I should!
The 3rd scooter is a recently imported LI 150 silver special 1964 which I am in the process of registering but is taking a long time to receive documents from DVLA, I’m desperate to take for a spin!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gsparky

Re: My scooters

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Fine bunch and health to ride :D
ULC Soulagent

Postby nickw » Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 pm

Very nice.
nickw

Postby Toddy » Fri May 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Nice :D
Toddy

Postby Gsparky » Fri May 01, 2020 11:39 pm

I had an older cousin from Scotland who came down to Luton and bought a job lot of scooters That my dad spotted in the exchange and mart In Rickmansworth and bought them with him , took them all back to Luton, our kback garden!on the back of his Bedford pick up, he took all the complete ones back to Scotland One at a time in the mail section of the train from Watford junction to Glasgow, ( you could sit with the scooter in the rear mail carriage) he left loads of parts engines etc and gave me an LD, I was 11!, take note of the pictures before and after!, my sister is sitting in the LD after I spent all summer nitromorsing the whole scooter,( It’s not me on the first picture!))constantly running to the kitchen to rinse the stinging off my hands!
1982 ish, there is also a picture of my cousins treasured sx200 I think from the picture it may be Spanish but he was gutted when it was stolen and after years pass)ed it emerged it may of been his best mate at the time that stole it!, his dad was a publican and what was left of it was found burnt out in a park with most of the good bits taken!
My uncle being a publican had a caretaker customer who let me have the playground to ride my uncles Vespa I was only 11/12!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gsparky

Postby Gsparky » Fri May 01, 2020 11:53 pm

My first ride on a scooter albeit on a Vespa in a School playground In Greenock!
Gsparky

Return to Show Your Ride