LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Fresh barn/garage find! New project

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: Fresh barn/garage find! New project

Postby Cgt75b » Sat May 02, 2020 9:12 am

A humble Li 3 but what a great find. Another one back where it should be, thanks for sharing this great thread.
Cgt75b

Postby Nobby » Sat May 02, 2020 9:57 am

dickie wrote:So maybe this is the elusive LI125 s3 beige?

I think so imo, iv seen the coffee s2s in the flesh and I don’t think it’s the same ? , this is like a really light sandy beige that’s almost a grey is the best I can describe it! , I was talking with Paolo catani (ex Rimini and racing lambrettas website) and he said he’d come across 1 or 2 in Italy and a guy sent me pics of 1 he’d worked on in the u.s....
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Sat May 02, 2020 9:58 am

Cgt75b wrote:A humble Li 3 but what a great find. Another one back where it should be, thanks for sharing this great thread.

Thumbs up emoji :)
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Sat May 02, 2020 10:26 am

Oh yeah this is something
Iv not seen before either, the orig owners son told me when the learner laws on cc changed in the 70s his dad was still on L plates so he had a 125 topend put on (and carb jetting changed) by a bike shop (it still had this on when I stripped the engine) and they had stuck this plate on the toolbox which actually has li125 on it!? (It’s an li150)

Nobby

Postby Chadley » Sat May 02, 2020 10:37 am

Ah, that explains it. I had noticed the 'L' plates and the fact that the tax date was after the 125cc learner limit came in. Downsizing to 125cc was the alternative to grinding off the engine number and re-stamping it that I heard some less scrupulous people did...
Chadley

Postby Nobby » Sat May 02, 2020 11:24 am

Chadley wrote:Ah, that explains it. I had noticed the 'L' plates and the fact that the tax date was after the 125cc learner limit came in. Downsizing to 125cc was the alternative to grinding off the engine number and re-stamping it that I heard some less scrupulous people did...

Ha! Yeah luckily this was no scooterboy bike! :D This was used as Ferdinando intended - as cheap reliable daily transport :D
The owner seemed to do everything by the book.. Luckily!

One thing that is odd is there’s was no front number plate (iv put one on now to break up the beigeness! :D ), I can’t find any holes ... I can only think it had a sticky plate originally that was taken off or though I can’t find any marks of one on the legshield or mudguard
Nobby

Postby dickie » Sat May 02, 2020 6:48 pm

Nobby wrote:

I think so imo, iv seen the coffee s2s in the flesh and I don’t think it’s the same ? , this is like a really light sandy beige that’s almost a grey is the best I can describe it! , I was talking with Paolo catani (ex Rimini and racing lambrettas website) and he said he’d come across 1 or 2 in Italy and a guy sent me pics of 1 he’d worked on in the u.s....

I thought the beige was only available for 125s though. I assumed yours was a 125 as I thought all li150s were dual colours.
dickie

Postby gaz_powell » Sat May 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Great find and nicely recomissioned....

everyone's been very civilised in their responses....so i'll say it....you jammy b$#tard

Gaz
gaz_powell

Postby Nobby » Sat May 02, 2020 8:32 pm

dickie wrote:
Nobby wrote:

I thought the beige was only available for 125s though. I assumed yours was a 125 as I thought all li150s were dual colours.

Yep li150
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Sat May 02, 2020 8:35 pm

gaz_powell wrote:Great find and nicely recomissioned....

everyone's been very civilised in their responses....so i'll say it....you jammy b$#tard

Gaz

:D It’s only my second ‘barn find’ ever! The first was a rotten vega about 30 years ago so I was due one :D
Nobby

Postby Mel K » Sat May 02, 2020 10:42 pm

Nobby, put the single saddles back on , looks so much better as god intended. Great find btw .
Mel K

Postby Nobby » Sun May 03, 2020 12:07 am

Mel K wrote:Nobby, put the single saddles back on , looks so much better as god intended. Great find btw .

I can’t Mel... I’m 6’2” and all legs my knees touch the headset when I sit on single saddles!! :D
Nobby

Postby Fast n Furious » Sun May 03, 2020 1:21 am

Just remove the front one and sit on the back one. Problem solved. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fast n Furious

Postby gaz_powell » Sun May 03, 2020 9:16 am

Nobby wrote:
gaz_powell wrote:Great find and nicely recomissioned....

Gaz

:D It’s only my second ‘barn find’ ever! The first was a rotten vega about 30 years ago so I was due one :D

Mine was a Grifter.....
gaz_powell

Postby Chadley » Sun May 03, 2020 2:41 pm

Nobby wrote:One thing that is odd is there’s was no front number plate (iv put one on now to break up the beigeness! :D ), I can’t find any holes ... I can only think it had a sticky plate originally that was taken off or though I can’t find any marks of one on the legshield or mudguard

The S2 in your other thread, from the same dealer, has mudguard mounted straight stick-on front number plates, so maybe this one originally had that type too.
Chadley

Postby Nobby » Tue May 05, 2020 8:18 am

Chadley wrote:
Nobby wrote:One thing that is odd is there’s was no front number plate (iv put one on now to break up the beigeness! :D ), I can’t find any holes ... I can only think it had a sticky plate originally that was taken off or though I can’t find any marks of one on the legshield or mudguard

The S2 in your other thread, from the same dealer, has mudguard mounted straight stick-on front number plates, so maybe this one originally had that type too.

Possible but the tax disc is in the way?, can’t see any marks/sticky/faded areas tho?
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Tue May 05, 2020 8:19 am

Tank out- Image

Seems to have been a mouse living in the kidney part of the airbox?!

Half a tank of 35 year old 4 star... I’ll be bottling it in perfume bottles and it will be on sale on eBay soon- keep an eye out...

Mmmm Guinness....

Not good!... iv got some tank flusher and sealer coming....

Nobby

Postby humble » Tue May 05, 2020 9:59 am

Great find! Unusual colour, I look forward to seeing its progress...…
humble

Postby Nudger » Tue May 05, 2020 10:26 am

That is fantastic - just 'wow'
Nudger

Postby citydaz » Tue May 05, 2020 10:09 pm

Great find - well done.
citydaz

PreviousNext

Return to Show Your Ride