LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Battery not charging...

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Battery not charging...

Postby martyn dwane » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:46 am

Are HID lights on Scooters Legal :?:
martyn dwane

Postby coaster » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:49 pm

martyn dwane wrote:Are HID lights on Scooters Legal :?:

Yes I believe they are, there used to be some confusion about having to be self levelling but that doesnt apply to motorcycles. THe only comment I get from my MOT guy is how good they are ;)
coaster

Postby nickw » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:55 pm

Coaster is correct, they are now legal. There was this on https://scooterlab.uk/new-mot-headlight-ruling-change-again-news/when the amendment was made because earlier this year they started off illegal

'The amended ruling, which comes into effect from today (22nd March 2021) means that as long as your headlight meets the MOT tester’s requirements a motorcycle/scooter can still pass using an upgraded LED/HID headlight. This ruling covers ALL Class 1 & 2 motorcycles of any age and is not to be confused with the updated ruling for cars relating to the use of halogen headlights on vehicles first used before January 1st 1986'.
nickw

Postby Micky67keane » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:19 pm

..and the forum said 'let there be light,and behold....there was light!'
Thanks for all the replies to this post,the original yellow wire for the lights off the stator had a break in it thus gave intermittant power to the regulator hence very poor lights before conversion and no charging/extremely poor lighrs after conversion.
1 new Scootronics stator fitted,lights working great and charging battery.
HID conversion next up.
Thanks again.
Micky67keane

Postby MK Monty » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:10 am

My series 1 with a car set of HID was great, it had a Ballast but also an encapsulated relay bigger than the ballast getting them both under the horn casting was OK but had to move the horn. I was told I could remove the relay as it was only a single lamp but never got round to it, the only problem was when flicking from Dip to main beam it effectively powered off/on and didn't always relight. Turn the lights off via the key and back on again it was fine. Sold the bike before I sorted it. I had pushed the H4 55W night breaker as far as it would go on the stator. But dropping to a 35W HID gave the light I wanted at lower watts, it was on a Jockeys reflector as the reeded glass and coolies hat reflector is useless.
MK Monty

Postby Micky67keane » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:14 pm

Fitted Jockys headlight and replaced hslogen for highpowered LED,the difference is amazing
Micky67keane

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3