LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Correct grey side panel rubbers

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Correct grey side panel rubbers

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:53 am

As you can see, the remanufactured ones are the wrong profile. The ones that were originally on the scooter when I bought it (top ones) are now back on the scooter and the panels instantly fit better again. I can’t recall where I got the bottom ones from but in my experience they are all that thin.

I have resolved this issue on a GP by buying Indian ones, however, I have not come across any correctly manufactured grey panel rubbers.

Any recommendations?
Storkfoot

Re: Correct grey side panel rubbers

Postby gizmo » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:28 am

Rimini lambretta redesigned the side panel rubber a year or so back to supposedly fit better. Not used them as they only did grey and I required black. Mike at Torbay lambretta sells them. Worth a call
gizmo

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:48 am

Thanks for that. I’ll contact him after the bank holiday. I suppose they might be these Casa ones:

https://www.torbaylambretta.co.uk/Side_ ... 93378.aspx
Storkfoot

Postby gizmo » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:44 pm

Storkfoot wrote:Thanks for that. I’ll contact him after the bank holiday. I suppose they might be these Casa ones:

https://www.torbaylambretta.co.uk/Side_ ... 93378.aspx

Yes, those are the ones. Hopefully someone will come on that's used them
gizmo

Postby Toddy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:32 pm

I used the series 1/2 casa one on a mates rebuild fit ok but don’t seem to be wide enough as they pull off with his panels :(
Toddy

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:58 pm

The ones on the right are the Casa ones from Torbay. I haven’t fitted them yet but, yes, they are wider and a very similar profile to the ones I had fitted which may have been the original rubbers.

Storkfoot

Postby citydaz » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:56 pm

I had trouble with black sidepanel rubbers for my dl.
The new ones were way too narrow and the panel would have rubbed against the loop.
In the end indian rubbers from Scooter Restorations were wider and fitted really well.
I used the defective ones on my v**pa!
citydaz

Postby vegansydney » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:42 am

How did you get on with the newer Casa ones? I've always used Tutto Lambretta ones as the I found the Casa ones were like wet noodles in comparison.
vegansydney

Postby Storkfoot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:23 pm

vegansydney wrote:How did you get on with the newer Casa ones? I've always used Tutto Lambretta ones as the I found the Casa ones were like wet noodles in comparison.

I have left the old (May be original) ones on for the time being. I’ll report back when I try them :)
Storkfoot

Postby nsaints » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:20 pm

there was a doubt the black set were not improved and still old style.
I ordered a grey and black Casa set from Mike @ Torbay. Pleased to report the black and grey sets feel and look the same quality. And much wider than what I had fitted.

I don’t know what the Tutto rubbers look and felt like so can’t help vegansydney
The new Casa ones are much better than what I’ve taken off so maybe comparable to Tutto?
nsaints

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3