LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Historic vehicle registration

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Re: Historic vehicle registration

Postby Rich Oswald » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:09 pm

NLEMECFC wrote:Rich wrote "Strange one this as I have that frame Number down as manufactured in 1995. If Pete Davies signed your Dating Letter it must be a really old one as he stopped being LCGB Registrar around 2004 I think. Indian info' hase become a bit clearer since then and if I was to date your scooter now, I would put it as manufactured in 1995."

Just as well I'm not asking now then else i wouldn't have my cherished O*****W registration! :D

The letter isn't dated but it has a DVLA Peterborough stamp with 4/1/2005 across it and another saying REREGISTERED on it.

Cheers, Neil

PS I'm going to the Scooter gathering at Saracens Rugby Club tomorrow having now received my V5C :P !

Buy me a pint and I won't dob you in! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby gaz_powell » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:23 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
gaz_powell wrote:Rich, so has the historic rolling 40yr ceased, as at 01/01/81, or I'm missing something?
I've got a Jan 81 bike that's due for tax on June this year, was hoping that would be moved to historic at time of tax... Hope so then all my bikes are tax free.

No it's still 40 year rolling. You won't get Historic for your Jan' '81 bike until April 2022 though.

Rich'

Sent my log book off in April and last week received new one with historic taxation class.

Just to be safe i testied and taxed it in June.

With log book was a tax refund of £33.75.

Bike is W reg stating manufacture January 1981.
It was a SR purchased frame and registered at Thornaby when they had a DVLA office there.
gaz_powell

Postby Kev Fox » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:47 am

With all the hassle people have had regarding DVLA I didn't attempt to change my Serveta log book to Historic. I didn't M.O.T it as it is 40 plus years old but did tax it for 1 year as DVLA were sending letters saying it needing taxing or SORN. Out of the blue and totally off their own back DVLA have sent me a new Log Book stating Historic Vehicle and also a refund for the 1 years tax I paid. As I say totally unexpected but thank you DVLA. :D
Kev Fox

Previous

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3