LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Late jet 200

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Late jet 200

Postby a-teamlambretta » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:56 pm

Would a late jet 200 have a 12 v system as standard from new?

Cheers Simon
a-teamlambretta

Re: Late jet 200

Postby missing lynx » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:49 pm

Could have it depends what market it was built for. What year? As I've found over the years there seems to be no definitive answer to any Serveta related question
missing lynx

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:48 am

Theres a lad on Facebook called Cory Fraser - he has a big database of Eibar & Servetta based on frame numbers.

There are quite a few changes in the Mid 70's which differed dependant on market

If you message him - he'll be able to give you a really good idea of what should be on your scooter based on the frame number. In some instances he can identify changes within 10 or so numbers
bookertmgs1

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:22 pm

bookertmgs1 wrote:Theres a lad on Facebook called Cory Fraser - he has a big database of Eibar & Servetta based on frame numbers.

There are quite a few changes in the Mid 70's which differed dependant on market

If you message him - he'll be able to give you a really good idea of what should be on your scooter based on the frame number. In some instances he can identify changes within 10 or so numbers

Why not ask the LCGB rather than trusting some random bloke on Facebook?
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:21 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
bookertmgs1 wrote:Theres a lad on Facebook called Cory Fraser - he has a big database of Eibar & Servetta based on frame numbers.

To be fair, Corey has an extremely good knowledge of all things Serveta and Eibar. He lives in Canada so is perhaps not so well known here in the UK.
Storkfoot

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:45 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:

Because that bloke happens to have a database of over 1000 Eibar & Servetta scooters detailing the changes by frame number, attribute and market. I'm confident enough to say he knows more about them than you.

Maybe worth considering being a bit more open minded about other peoples knowledge. Just because hes not part of the LCGB doesnt mean that he knows nowt
bookertmgs1

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:43 pm

bookertmgs1 wrote:
Rich Oswald wrote:

Because that bloke happens to have a database of over 1000 Eibar & Servetta scooters detailing the changes by frame number, attribute and market. I'm confident enough to say he knows more about them than you.

Maybe worth considering being a bit more open minded about other peoples knowledge. Just because hes not part of the LCGB doesnt mean that he knows nowt

Booker, I have honestly never heard of the bloke but I am in no doubt he does know more than me about Spanish Lambrettas, however the expert source that LCGB use, ie; Perry Lewis, I am more than confident in and his database goes way beyond 1000 scooters.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Storkfoot wrote:
Rich Oswald wrote:

To be fair, Corey has an extremely good knowledge of all things Serveta and Eibar. He lives in Canada so is perhaps not so well known here in the UK.

That's fair enough Paul and good to know thanks. I am happy with our own source however, but the more knowledge the better.

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:

I know Corey. He's not some random bloke. He's been building his database up for a good few years and is very knowledgeable on the changes in production.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby bookertmgs1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:30 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
bookertmgs1 wrote:
Rich Oswald wrote:

Booker, I have honestly never heard of the bloke but I am in no doubt he does know more than me about Spanish Lambrettas, however the expert source that LCGB use, ie; Perry Lewis, I am more than confident in and his database goes way beyond 1000 scooters.

Rich'

Richard
I have just re-read my comment - It reads harsher than I meant it to. For that my apologies.

I don't know Perry personally - but am aware he is one of half a dozen key people with extensive knowledge of Spanish Lambrettas. I do not in anyway mean to dismiss his knowledge or contribution.

I recommended Corey as he's easily accessible and probably the quickest way to get an accurate answer. I am as wary of anyone of listening to people on Facebook and I would'nt have referred anyone to something I wasn't sure about.

Best Regards
bookertmgs1

Postby a-teamlambretta » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:07 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:

I am asking the members of the lcgb....but if the random bloke has the knowledge....

The one eyed man is king in the land of the blind
a-teamlambretta

Postby missing lynx » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:08 pm

a-teamlambretta wrote:Would a late jet 200 have a 12 v system as standard from new?

Cheers Simon

How late? And are you asking if it could be electronic?
missing lynx

Postby a-teamlambretta » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:16 pm

missing lynx wrote:
a-teamlambretta wrote:Would a late jet 200 have a 12 v system as standard from new?

Cheers Simon

How late? And are you asking if it could be electronic?

I dont have the v5 to hand its at work... So will let you know tomorrow. I was asking if it would of had a 12v system and if it would also be electronic ignition... Its a very late one it has no toolbox door and had the fibre flyer front end. I bought it with no engine ect and have just got round to rebuilding... Dont know wether to keep it standard.... Hence the questions or just go with a modern 12v electronic... Ive never had a jet before and was just interested in what it would of had from new from the factory.

Cheers Simon
a-teamlambretta

Postby missing lynx » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:32 pm

Ah so you're asking about an 80 series or Lince depending on the date. To give you a clue have a look at the back spars that hold the running boards if they've got flat plate on the flywheel side with a threaded hole top and bottom that's for a electronic rectifier also if you've got a large battery tray where the toolbox should be that's for a 12v battery now these aren't definitive but they are pointers
missing lynx

Postby a-teamlambretta » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:02 pm

It has a large battery tray. No threads on the nearside footboard hanger just the holes small and large for the junction box
a-teamlambretta

Postby missing lynx » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:19 pm

Tbh if electronic you will struggle to bring it back to "factory" spec as the Spanish electronic system is unlike any other and unless the boss on the flywheel can be changed uses a thin tapered crank ( not gp). It's a brilliant system but I wouldn't use it on anything but a std engine. Btw the original engine should have had a neutral light switch boss by the gear arm on late models
missing lynx

Postby a-teamlambretta » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:30 pm

missing lynx wrote:Tbh if electronic you will struggle to bring it back to "factory" spec as the Spanish electronic system is unlike any other and unless the boss on the flywheel can be changed uses a thin tapered crank ( not gp). It's a brilliant system but I wouldn't use it on anything but a std engine. Btw the original engine should have had a neutral light switch boss by the gear arm on late models

As stated no engine... But i have a few cases on stock... Was more a point of interest of what it Should of had

Cheers simon
a-teamlambretta

Postby a-teamlambretta » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:29 pm

Year of manufacture 1980.

Cheers Simon
a-teamlambretta

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:32 pm

I had a Jet 200, V Reg, from new. It was 6v points I am almost certain.
Storkfoot

Postby L111amo » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:28 pm

I’ve got 82 lynx with toolbox door, 6volt(x reg)
L111amo

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3