LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Model C, LC, D & LD

Need specific detail for a particular model, or just found something strange and interesting and want to know if its original. All attention to detail seekers report here!
Strict no chatter

Model C, LC, D & LD

Postby Paul Slack » Thu May 15, 2014 5:18 pm

Please note the anoraks corner designed to achieve attention to detail of facts including the history of the model, information maybe used for the main website, so your help and posts will go on to help others. By posting you agree to letting the LCGB use this information for its web site.

Please discuss detail for any Model C, LC, D, LD.
Paul Slack

Re: Model C, LC, D & LD

Postby trev t » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:58 pm

hi just asking about the iso Milan is this based on a lambretta LD??????????
trev t

Postby RacinJason » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:59 am

I need some help please! I have got my hands on an LD 150, really tidy and has period accessories, screen, rear carrier, spare wheel, heel plates and extension boards. This initially lead me to believe that it is one of the last batch that Consessionaires specked up to sell as the 'Riviera' to make way for the new Li range, but the vin number is 321XXX and the last vin number recorded for an Italian LD is 313853? I therefore then thought it might be a French model, as Consessionares imported some of these too as they ran out of their own stock, but it has the petrol and choke lever behind the seat not at the bottom of the frame as per French models??? It is all badged up as an LD 150, with Innocenti badges etc so I am a bit confused as to what I have exactly?? Also registration date is 01/01/1959, as is manufacturers date, unfortunately the last owner (its only had two) sold the original registration number and I think the DVLA in their infinate wisdom have just put these dates on for ease of administration, because I have the original bill of sale stating the bike was sold in 1962. Any ideas on what I have got exactly??? Thanks, Jason
RacinJason

Postby torquewrench » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:01 pm

RacinJason wrote: but the vin number is 321XXX and the last vin number recorded for an Italian LD is 313853?

According to the British Lambretta Archive, Frame Numbers Pt 1, you have a 1958 LD 150 Mk 3.
The last number shown for this model is 325,929.
torquewrench

Postby RacinJason » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:35 pm

That is good news then, I must of read the numbers wrong in the archive or something. Thank you for your help, appreciate it :D
RacinJason

Postby rlpembridge » Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 am

I, too have an Ld 150. There a many features that, as I understand it, help to differentiate French made models. The centre stand on French Ld's had long extensions to both sides where it was only to one side on Italian and the (majority) British built Ld's. There is also the very obvious external feature of the side panel vents, above the panel handles. The French models had two holes where the Italian and British models had a grille.
rlpembridge

Postby rlpembridge » Tue May 01, 2018 11:35 am

Can anyone assist with a correct compression figure for the cylinder on an Ld 150? The only figure I can find is in my (original) owners handbook, which states a compression ratio of '6,5' - that's, 'six comma five'. What does that mean? I need a reading in psi or Kg/cm2 if anyone knows what it should be?
rlpembridge

Postby Andyf » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:31 pm

I'm almost useless at this engine tech business, could I ask you what you mean by 'compression figure'? I think compression ration is (cc plus head capacity) / head capacity. If yours is 6,9 does it suggest that the head capacity is 150/5.9? (25.4 obviously)
Andyf

Postby nickw » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:13 pm

I think he got bored waiting for a reply. He hasn't been here since August last year.
nickw

Postby Andyf » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 pm

I'm a very slow thinker. :-)
Andyf

Return to Anorak's Corner