LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Brazilian love affair

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: Brazilian love affairm

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Just leaving a big thumbs up here from me. This rebuild is one of the main reasons I've joined up .
I'm a massive fan of all things 80's scooter scene and Brazilian Love Affair originally and your rebuild (been lurking a while) have been a massive inspiration in me finally starting my 80's custom build.
Can't wait for more updates.

Cheers
Slacker
SlackerThePinstriper

Re: Brazilian love affair

Postby Jimmers » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:36 pm

Great story
Can't wait to see it on road
Jimmers

Re: Brazilian love affairm

Postby Nobby » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:36 pm

SlackerThePinstriper wrote:Just leaving a big thumbs up here from me. This rebuild is one of the main reasons I've joined up .
I'm a massive fan of all things 80's scooter scene and Brazilian Love Affair originally and your rebuild (been lurking a while) have been a massive inspiration in me finally starting my 80's custom build.
Can't wait for more updates.

Cheers
Slacker

Aye same here slacker- that's the golden era When I first fell in love with scooters so it's an extra special 'genre' for me to ,as my Initial post says I had already started collecting 80s parts and had planned out my old skool project out (circa early to mid 80s rally going was my brief)- it was going to be metalflake blue (of course!) ,signwriting , maybe small murals, cutdown/trimmed panels and runners, snett (met blue) fresco, 34 Amal, 400x10 etc with chrome everything !, then bla's bodywork popped up on eday! I was creaming my pants a maca '82 original old skool custom ! but tbh I was getting married a couple of weeks later! and rebuilding my pacemaker 60s racer at the time so I put in a half arsed bid... I didn't even watch the end of the auction because I thought it would go for way more!.
Anyway that was 18-20 months ago? And things have stalled totally in the last 6 months... weirdly I was talking (messaging) a member on here (ALG/AlGiddo) via Facebook yesterday saying how frustrating it is because I could prob finish her if a had a full weekend but because Of my circumstances at the mo I can't get on , apart from time (looking after a young boy) I haven't got space at home (shed full of pacemaker 150s, supertune sx200, plus packed away trampoline , pushbikes etc) or work (got just enough room for machinery/tools/work bench but no storage at all... AT ALL), but I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and take bla to work and with the risk she might get damaged ... I'll just have to constantly move her about around work!, but yeah I plan to get her finished before spring/summer....

In the mean time here is a couple of old 80s pics that I haven't posted yet...

Early pics I think are johns when it was originally built - running boards or side panel grill plates not fitted

And in the background there!

Rallied-
Nobby

Postby LateAgain » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:46 pm

That's a really nice panel cut on 'Grand Prix' in pic 3 mate...
LateAgain

Postby Phil D » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:55 pm

What's happening with the kicker on the gp ?
Really glad you posted the extra pics I was in the garage looking at my panels this aft so It's give me more food 4 thought. 8-)
Phil D

Postby Nobby » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:01 pm

LateAgain wrote:That's a really nice panel cut on 'Grand Prix' in pic 3 mate...

Nice colours!... not sure about the cut tho... don't go getting any ideas
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Phil D wrote:What's happening with the kicker on the gp ?
Really glad you posted the extra pics I was in the garage looking at my panels this aft so It's give me more food 4 thought. 8-)

extremeeee!
Nobby

Postby LateAgain » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:18 pm

I like the cutouts and panel shaped to follow the VW pipe.
LateAgain

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:32 pm

One of the reasons I'm only just getting on with mine-marriage and a little lad, he's 4 in the next couple of weeks and loved getting in the garage with me so a little easier now.

That 3rd pic down has Italian Stallion just creeping in there with its colour change so guessing that's a mid to
Late 80's pic.

You will have to pm me your number and we can have a chat if you have any spare time.
I have a bit of a side project on the go that I would like to share with you too.
SlackerThePinstriper

Postby Nobby » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Had a day and a half to work on her this week.... Shite photos I know- I wanted to take some outside in the light but obvs the weathers not good this afternoon! So had to take these in my small dark and dirty workshop
outImage

Iv put the sil type badges on and taken the brass ones off...

Sourced an orig 80s bitubo shock off of a mate :)

Love reborn is a song off of the Brazilian love affair album which I thought was quite apt!

Still loads to do tho....
Nobby

Postby Toddy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Looks stunning so far mate, cracking job :D
Toddy

Postby Cgt75b » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 pm

I like the hugh black and yellow number plate, my Rally 200 with have a similar plate, beautiful piece of nostalgia btw.
Cgt75b

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:10 pm

Looking superb mate, stunning!!!

Love that DTC badge and new panel badges ;)
SlackerThePinstriper

Postby Nobby » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Cgt75b wrote:I like the hugh black and yellow number plate, my Rally 200 with have a similar plate, beautiful piece of nostalgia btw.

It's 80s personified I couldn't have anything else! :D
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:44 pm

SlackerThePinstriper wrote:Looking superb mate, stunning!!!

Love that DTC badge and new panel badges ;)

Ta!... the dtc badge is the only thing Iv done that's not period... even the piston is old skool asso!
Nobby

Postby Nobby » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Toddy wrote:Looks stunning so far mate, cracking job :D

Looks good in pics... think Iv been looking at the paint work thru rose tinted glasses tho ... it's not so great close up!... still mesmerising tho!- it must have really been a crowd puller when it first appeared!
Nobby

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:55 pm

I could stare at these pics for hours. I just love the artistry in the paintwork and your passion for keeping it in the '80s
Storkfoot

Postby Phil D » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:07 am

Nobby wrote:
Toddy wrote:Looks stunning so far mate, cracking job :D

Looks good in pics... think Iv been looking at the paint work thru rose tinted glasses tho ... it's not so great close up!... still mesmerising tho!- it must have really been a crowd puller when it first appeared!

I've just re read the first part of your post where the original owner says he was mobbed on BLA 's first outing .
When you posted the pics of it Now- first thing I thought was "bloody hell Its stunning "
Hope to see it in the flesh one day. 8-)
Phil D

Postby Nobby » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:45 am

Cheers :D

Couple of better shots in the light this morning - 'glory shots' really- Iv just placed the front shocks and head light on because I'm going to put the side panels in my loft today for safety so it prob won't be seen ' whole' again till it's finished... plenty still to do as you can see- no brake pedal, runners, all wiring needs doing and all cables need connecting, carb, flywheel cowling, front shocks etc etc!

Ps not sure about the blue stand feet yet and stand does fit right either :oops:
Last edited by Nobby on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobby

Postby SlackerThePinstriper » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:12 am

Has it a 400x10 on the back?
I keep meaning to ask on here how that will effect my stand??

And I would say no on the stand feet, they draw your eyes too them away from the bike.

But yep they are the money shots!!
SlackerThePinstriper

PreviousNext

Return to Show Your Ride