LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Nomad Morocco Endurance Rally November 2017

Promote Rallies from around the world.

Re: Nomad Morocco Endurance Rally November 2017

Postby Angry Bloke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:00 am

Good luck Gents - looking forward to the tales
Angry Bloke

Postby Jim Rose » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 am

Well we made it back, six lambretta started the endurance but only three completed. One dropped out because they didn't like the competitive nature of the event, one dropped out as "it wasn't his cup of tea". This is seriously hardcore and I was no way fit enough to do a hill climb on the second stage and had to be hauled to the top in a pick up. on the descent from 2500m i had an accident and broke my left thumb so I dropped out. Congratulations to Thomas fro Italy who won, Laurant from France who came second, and our own Martin Robinson who came third.
We are going back next year and I need to do some serious work on my weight, fitness and chain smoking.
Special thanks to Jarv at Lambretta Rehab for building a bullet proof engine and Sash for the dyno work setting things up.
We are in the process of sorting out a van for next year so the scooters can travel before the riders who can fly out. Watch this space.
If yo want more information contact Martin Robinson or me
Jim Rose

Postby Toddy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:21 am

Well done Jim and all , I kept up with some of the rally through Facebook it looked hard ! A great effort by you all look forward to the stories
Toddy

Postby coaster » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 am

Great effort all of you, braver than I am ;) I have seen the footage on FB and it did look pretty severe. Some impressive hammer work by Martin on those rims, ally ones I presume?
coaster

Postby bike grim » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 am

Yep well done Jim and the others taking part. I kept up to speed with it on FB as well. It’s was shocked by the amount of battering the wheels and exhaust got on Martin’s scoot. Ground clearance and stronger wheel rims for next year! Looked a great event and pretty hardcore in parts. Sorry about your off. Hope you’re recovering.
bike grim

Postby Andy B.L.C. » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 am

Well done all what an epic adventure! I don't do Farce book but can't wait to catch up via forthcoming write ups & praps some pix here... ;)
Andy B.L.C.

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:15 pm

Well done Jim, Martin and Sid, fantastic achievement whether completed or not. Learn for next time and win!

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby Jim Rose » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:22 am

The english version of the application form is ready if anyone wants one. PM me with an e-mail address
Jim Rose

Postby ricky » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:54 pm

happy to be with you all for the 2018 rally edition ;)
http://rickylambretta.fr/nomad-rally-2018-october-12th-20th/
ricky

Postby Jim Rose » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:36 pm

I was in Spain for the new year and the organiser of the Nomad Rally came over to see Pilar and I.

This years Nomad Rally will be less based on endurance of man and machine but will involve some strategy and planning as well because it will be more of a time trial. The Daily stages will be shorter and there will be a compulsory rest stop roughly half way the rider is expected to make this stop by a certain time; you loose points if you are late. Along each stage there are Way Points where you can photograph your scooter in front of a particular landmark, a building a tree etc you will have to find. Each photograph correctly taken gains the rider points to add to there total.

The strategy comes with taking the photo's but not being late to the stop and loosing points.

To add to the fun there will be more sand riding and that takes a particular skill I have yet to gain. There will be one mountain stage as well.

I have started my fitness regime already in a slow way; if you know me you'll know why I started so early
Jim Rose

Postby Jim Rose » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:36 am

This years Nomad Rally is being sponsored by LCGB. As part of the package they have agreed with the organiser is that existing members of the LCGB who are taking part in the race will receive a discount of 60 Euro each. My thanks to the LCGB Committee for their support.
Jim Rose

Previous

Return to International Rallies & Events