LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Max Quattrini 210 kit

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: Max Quattrini 210 kit

Postby MAXI » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:08 pm

Just bought myself the Kit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MAXI

Postby Raveydavey » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:59 am

MAXI wrote:Just bought myself the Kit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You won’t be disappointed. Self building? Whaothe plan?
Raveydavey

Postby MAXI » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:08 am

Raveydavey wrote:
MAXI wrote:Just bought myself the Kit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You won’t be disappointed. Self building? Whaothe plan?

I hope i wont be :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iam self building this one :roll: :roll:

plan is 61X116 Taylor tuning crank Maybe 62 lol, along with CST11 exhaust and 30 mm delly.

see how that pans out..
MAXI

Postby Solid Air » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:03 pm

Good to meet you on Saturday Dave, I do think you should change your username to SmileyRaveyDavey though after seeing how chuffed you were with the engine :D 8-)
Solid Air

Postby Toddy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Solid Air wrote:Good to meet you on Saturday Dave, I do think you should change your username to SmileyRaveyDavey though after seeing how chuffed you were with the engine :D 8-)

Don’t think he will be smiling as much now :(
Toddy

Postby Solid Air » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:20 pm

Oh no, what happened?
Solid Air

Postby Raveydavey » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 pm

So just so everyone reading this is not suddenly scared off, I called in to Chiselspeed on the way up to Grange Over Sands on Saturday. This was the first time they had seen the bike. We got it up on the dyno. I'd fitted a filter from Camlam, 30 mill dellorto, small RAM rair filter(do not waste your money on that). Martin wasted nearly an hour trying to jet the engine in with that thing on. Once he took it off, we were back up to where we were before. Running super clean all through the revs. Before he let me go he up jetted the main for safety. Everything was fine and dandy. The performance out on the road was superb. My mates were all on TS1s, I kept leaving them for dust. Eventually I bit the bullet and rode at 65 to 70 to stay with the group, with the occasional blast to 80. the C2C ride was faultless. Sometimes real hard acceleration, front wheel lifting a couple of times. Chased some motorbikes, and caught them; their faces :lol: :D

The bumps on Swaledale roads must have dislodged a wire as my SIP speedo stopped working on Saturday so I had no CHT. I'm kicking myself for not taking it a bit easier given the lack of info. But I just could not resist. The last leg of the home journey, back on the A1 decided to give it the beans. I was absolutely flying at a possibly illegal speeds, ;) got a bit too carried away. When I started to slow down, rolled off the throttle a bit and it nipped up. I coasted to a stop in a layby, compression seemed to have dropped, so I figured I'd holed the piston. Didn't really try starting it again. Got recovered the rest of the way home. I stripped it down when I got back, there is a slight melt on the top edge by the ring peg but no hole as such. The barrel needs re-plating though.

Its already boxed up and on its way to the guys at Chiselspeed, who are going to sort it for me. We know its a new kit, and I'm being a bit of a guinea pig, so I expect to hit a few bumps along the way. We are working on theories at the moment but rather than start loads of fake news I'll wait for Martin's verdict. I'm taking the bike up to them in a couple of weeks so they can do the rebuild, install and then get the set up right.

One thing this proves, its not unbreakable, but then no kit is. I've total faith in the guys at Chiselspeed. They are going to turn this around as quickly as they can for me. I know they will figure it out and when Rusty (thats the bikes name) comes back he'll be even better.
Raveydavey

Postby Raveydavey » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Solid Air wrote:Good to meet you on Saturday Dave, I do think you should change your username to SmileyRaveyDavey though after seeing how chuffed you were with the engine :D 8-)

It was great meeting you too Mark. Don't let my minor set back put you off getting a Quattrini. What a total buzz riding it is. I'm still grinning :lol:
Raveydavey

Postby Toddy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Great words Dave I’m sure martin will find out the cause and you will be sorted soon , sounds great fun though :D
Sorry we didn’t get chance for a chat
Toddy

Postby bike grim » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Yes disappointing after hearing how chuffed you were with it on Saturday but it’s one of those things. At least it was on the way home. Hasn’t put me off. There were a few Lambrettas littering the route home yesterday. That look of resignation on the riders faces when you stop to attempt to lend a hand says it all.
bike grim

Postby Adam_Winstone » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Well put, any/every kit can give issue if not set up or configured 100% correctly, which you only learn with time and miles.

Thanks for the detail though as it helps us all to learn a little more about this new kit on the market.

Here's hoping that you get it sorted.

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Postby Nigel. S » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Your face was a picture at the lunch stop, absolutely beaming! You were fiddling with cables when I saw you. Like a kid at christmas :lol: 8-) :D
Nigel. S

Postby Solid Air » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Raveydavey wrote:

It was great meeting you too Mark. Don't let my minor set back put you off getting a Quattrini. What a total buzz riding it is. I'm still grinning :lol:

Cheers Dave, sure you'll get sorted and back on the road soon. Don't worry it hasn't put me off, these machines like to test us :lol:
Solid Air

Postby Solid Air » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Popped on to Chiselspeed on the way up to the C2C and had a go on their Quattrini kitted bike, great fun!

The power delivery was amazingly smooth and rideable but deceptive, you don't get that 2-stroke arm wrenching power band kick in so at first you don't appreciate how fast it actually is.

Got back back to the shop laughing away to myself which made my mate very curious. Martin obliged with a test ride for him and now he wants one too :D

I would be interested in other people's thoughts... the CST exhaust is loud (for going to work at 7am anyway) and I don't need the full power available of the kit really. I'd like to be able to sit at 65-70mph easily, 80+ isn't really necessary for me but I do like the look this kit, how it's made and performs etc. So, having a BGM V4 Clubman already I'm wondering about the option of using that (mated to 28mm Keihin PWK and AF 5 speed). Obviously it would lose some bhp but would be quieter and improve mpg for daily and long distance use probably. Or would that be missing the point of the kit?

Cheers, Mark
Solid Air

Postby Watfordwhite » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Ravey, I feel for your loss, but from what you said it does seem a little self inflicted. Be honest. The first oppotunity you tore the ares out of it chasing those motorbikes.. :D
Don't worry mate, it will soon be back.
Watfordwhite

Postby corrado » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:55 pm

Solid Air wrote:I'd like to be able to sit at 65-70mph easily, 80+ isn't really necessary for me but I do like the look this kit, how it's made and performs etc. So, having a BGM V4 Clubman already I'm wondering about the option of using that (mated to 28mm Keihin PWK and AF 5 speed). Obviously it would lose some bhp but would be quieter and improve mpg for daily and long distance use probably. Or would that be missing the point of the kit?

Cheers, Mark

Most kits can be tuned to suit your requirements. The BGM box won't fit the kit without some cutting and shutting of the down pipe. The CST10 exhaust mated to tall gearing will do what you want but the exhaust is loud. I'd be surprised if Chiselspeed didn't have plans to modify some form of clubman to fit.
corrado

Postby Solid Air » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:38 am

That's pretty much what I was thinking Corrado. I really like the look of this kit, the thought that's gone into it and what it's capable of without any tuning. Martin Cook did say that he'd like to play around with a Clubman but as we all know he's a busy man.

Cheers, Mark
Solid Air

Postby Scooterdude » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:25 am

Raveydavey wrote:So just so everyone reading this is not suddenly scared off, I called in to Chiselspeed on the way up to Grange Over Sands on Saturday. This was the first time they had seen the bike. We got it up on the dyno. I'd fitted a filter from Camlam, 30 mill dellorto, small RAM rair filter(do not waste your money on that). Martin wasted nearly an hour trying to jet the engine in with that thing on. Once he took it off, we were back up to where we were before.

So what was the problem with the filter then Dave, was it making the engine run lean? Im experiencing similar issues that were highlighted on MBs dyno on the way to the c2c, we found that without the filter we could come down several sizes on main jet, pilot was a bit rich also. Im not very happy to run without a filter but it looks like ive little choice. If you go on to eBay you can get small filter gauzes that fit under the bellmouth of the PHBH carb i may try one of those.
Scooterdude

Postby Raveydavey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Scooterdude wrote:So what was the problem with the filter then Dave, was it making the engine run lean? Im experiencing similar issues that were highlighted on MBs dyno on the way to the c2c, we found that without the filter we could come down several sizes on main jet, pilot was a bit rich also. Im not very happy to run without a filter but it looks like ive little choice. If you go on to eBay you can get small filter gauzes that fit under the bellmouth of the PHBH carb i may try one of those.

The filter was just too small. It fitted on to the threads of the carb mouth. Martin said that he would always put the plastic bell mouth on and then the filter would go on that making the gauze part much bigger, larger surface area, less restriction.

It seems size is everything when talking filters. :lol:

I've actually plumped for the Chiselspeed panel filter, which fits on the plastic bellmouth and pushes up against the panels. At least its supposed to push up against the panels, it doesn't quite on mine but it stops most of the crap that gets stirred up by the turbulence under there. Its night and day difference on the dyno.
Raveydavey

Postby Scooterdude » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Raveydavey wrote:
Scooterdude wrote:So what was the problem with the filter then Dave, was it making the engine run lean? Im experiencing similar issues that were highlighted on MBs dyno on the way to the c2c, we found that without the filter we could come down several sizes on main jet, pilot was a bit rich also. Im not very happy to run without a filter but it looks like ive little choice. If you go on to eBay you can get small filter gauzes that fit under the bellmouth of the PHBH carb i may try one of those.

The filter was just too small. It fitted on to the threads of the carb mouth. Martin said that he would always put the plastic bell mouth on and then the filter would go on that making the gauze part much bigger, larger surface area, less restriction.

It seems size is everything when talking filters. :lol:

I've actually plumped for the Chiselspeed panel filter, which fits on the plastic bellmouth and pushes up against the panels. At least its supposed to push up against the panels, it doesn't quite on mine but it stops most of the crap that gets stirred up by the turbulence under there. Its night and day difference on the dyno.

Whats the spit back like ? I know your using the chizzy filter but am guessing your still getting some on your panel.
Scooterdude

PreviousNext

Return to Tuning & Kits