LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

TS1 Gearing

Need help with a tuning kit, how do you tune your scooter, which kit should I choose, and all general tuning and modifcations questions are for in here.

Re: TS1 Gearing

Postby Feersum Injun » Fri May 18, 2018 12:04 am

Hi Gareth. Are you using the left hand manifold on this TS1? How are you getting on with it??
Feersum Injun

Postby bike grim » Fri May 18, 2018 7:27 am

Nick, it’s not in use in this one but as you know I used it on the other one all last year and it was great. PHBH sits low so you don’t need a carb cut out on the left but still clears the head cowl. I’m not sure you’d get a TMX35 on though. Not in use in the current TS1 as I’m running with a 3mm reed packer and there’s not enough room between frame and manifold currently. I’ll have a play with it at some point.
bike grim

Postby NorthernJordan » Fri May 18, 2018 8:57 am

I don't have any experience of JL3s but I do of Franspeeds (same manufacturer).
I found that there was a stutter mid way through, to such a point that I changed every electrical component on the system.
If you look at Franspeed dyno graphs, there is a distinct double peak in power. So wondering if the JL3 is similar?

Mine was a lower revving barrel, so I think I was constantly in the trough between and struggling to hit peak power.
My guess is that you are over geared at 4.6 for the pipe you are attempting to use. So either drop the sprocket or try another pipe, I'm a big fan of the NK Road and they came out top on the scootering magazine ts1 test.
NorthernJordan

Postby Feersum Injun » Fri May 18, 2018 12:16 pm

bike grim wrote:Nick, it’s not in use in this one but as you know I used it on the other one all last year and it was great. PHBH sits low so you don’t need a carb cut out on the left but still clears the head cowl. I’m not sure you’d get a TMX35 on though. Not in use in the current TS1 as I’m running with a 3mm reed packer and there’s not enough room between frame and manifold currently. I’ll have a play with it at some point.

Cheers. Yes, 28mm PHBH so should be ok. Already got a cut out in the panel but looks like it'll come out at a different angle so will have to increase the opening. Hoping to get it back in the bke this weekend so I'll see how it goes, I'm just using the standard AF reed block to start with... looks a good bit of kit...

ImageIMG_9582 by Nick Wilde, on Flickr
Feersum Injun

Previous

Return to Tuning & Kits