LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Bit rough on start up.

Want to know which carb to choose? Having problems setting up the jetting details on your scooter? Wheter you are using a standard or tuned carb, ask your question here.

Bit rough on start up.

Postby St George » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Just dragged my 200 from the back of the garage. Drained the fuel tank which is nice and clean. Put fresh fuel in. Stripped the Jettex 22 mm, in the float bowl was a load of cream coloured hardened gunk. Cleaned the main 122, pilot 50 and choke is 55. Choke is operating and seating. All cleaned with carb cleaner and reassembled. Cleaned the plug and have a good spark. It fired first kick and cut out straight away, after a few kicks it fired and cut out after about 8 seconds. It restarted straight away every time. Eventually I coaxed it to run and rev. It seemed that it was running out of fuel initially. I am running a Scootopia Anncilotti style 42 mm and 60 mm Con Road. My jets are all Dellorto, have I got one wrong. Thanks
St George

Re: Bit rough on start up.

Postby Watfordwhite » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Colin, as it's been sitting a while and the carb was gunked up. Could the fuel filter on the tap be the same? Did you change the fuel? Did you clean the mesh filter in the carb inlet?
Just a few ideas for you to check.
Watfordwhite

Postby St George » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi Martin. Thanks mate, new petrol and looked at the fuel filter in the tank with a torch, looked pretty good all round. It was a brand new fast flow tap last year from Cam Lam. I did forget to pull the petrol inlet off of the carb which houses a small nylon filter. Will check that tomorrow, pop in if you are passing. How much did JB charge to set yours up please. regards to you and family.
St George

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:34 pm

The floats stick on the pin and need reaming through with a small drill bit by hand.
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby St George » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi Chris. I did that as soon as I bought it and put Delly jets in it. Thanks anyway matey.
St George

Postby missing lynx » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:02 pm

was it running ok before you stored it away?
missing lynx

Postby St George » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:02 pm

It was ok before when I had a 30 mm OKO on it. This has only happened as it has been in storage and I have just put another smaller carb on it. It seems to have cleared itself after it warmed up. Thanks for replies.
St George

Return to Carburettors