LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Giuliari Seat - genuine or not?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Giuliari Seat - genuine or not?

Postby davla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:16 am

I’ve just bought this off eBay as it’s cheap as chips and solves a problem for one of my scooters. I was wondering what people’s opinions are on the frame, does it look original or not? My original thought was not as they’re normally stamped but it looks well made and the badge looks professionally fitted. I’m not really bothered either way but curious to see if anyone has seen anything like it before?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lambretta-Gi ... Sw-o9cZGC8
Last edited by davla on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davla

Re: Giuliari Seat - genuine or not?

Postby Nudger » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:51 am

I think not original, as you say the frame is usually stamped. I'm sure an adult will be along in a minute to give a definitive answer.
Nudger

Postby roli150lam » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:37 pm

I can't see your link,so can't say if genuine or not.If it has a badge riveted on the cross member it may be genuine.
As early seats afaik did have the maker badge riveted to the cross member
I do have a seat frame with badge,whether genuine or not I don't know.It does look the same as two stamped guiliari seats that came with my li125s scooters.
roli150lam

Postby davla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 pm

roli150lam wrote:I can't see your link,so can't say if genuine or not.If it has a badge riveted on the cross member it may be genuine.
As early seats afaik did have the maker badge riveted to the cross member
I do have a seat frame with badge,whether genuine or not I don't know.It does look the same as two stamped guiliari seats that came with my li125s scooters.

Here's the link again, or search eBay listing: 323693654679

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lambretta-Gi ... Sw-o9cZGC8
davla

Postby roli150lam » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Sorry still can't see it(I only have mobile phone access,no laptop or home computer).
If your happy and comfortable with what you have then it's happy days.
Ride hapoy ride safe.
roli150lam

Postby nickw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:45 pm

I think that is a TV175 frame (I have one). Called wideback. The badge on the underneath shouldn't be there if it is a TV seat.I haven't seen many seats but sorry Roli never seen a badge stuck there. Aftermarket copies of the seat had a giuliara badge on the rear. The name was stamped into the frame cross member. There were some frames made by Scootopia a long while ago that were very good copies but because of licensing they couldn't stamp the frames (I believe that changed later). The bracket at the front looks well made which leads me to the thought about Scootopia made. The badge on the back of the seat should read Innocenti I think. Not sure about the cover but the strap doesn't look right.

Have a look here
https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/e ... tv175.html
nickw

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:37 pm

The badge is right, and the position of the wiggly spring in the middle leads me to believe it is a genuine S2. The cover certainly isn't though. :lol: Either way I'd say you did okay.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby davla » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:04 pm

nickw wrote:I think that is a TV175 frame (I have one). Called wideback. The badge on the underneath shouldn't be there if it is a TV seat.I haven't seen many seats but sorry Roli never seen a badge stuck there. Aftermarket copies of the seat had a giuliara badge on the rear. The name was stamped into the frame cross member. There were some frames made by Scootopia a long while ago that were very good copies but because of licensing they couldn't stamp the frames (I believe that changed later). The bracket at the front looks well made which leads me to the thought about Scootopia made. The badge on the back of the seat should read Innocenti I think. Not sure about the cover but the strap doesn't look right.

Have a look here
https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/e ... tv175.html

Yeah it looks the same as the TV175 widleback seat on the Rimini website. The Rimini seat even has two holes in the lower crossmember which look like it's where a badge might be rivetted.
davla

Postby roli150lam » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:26 am

That wideback seat is identical to the frame I have,with the riveted badge
roli150lam

Postby davla » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:55 am

Happy days :D
davla

Postby nickw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:25 pm

I checked with some friends at our club last night and indeed some of these seats did have that type of badge riveted underneath like yours. I also see an article on SLUK about new covers now made for this shape of seat
nickw

Postby roli150lam » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:32 pm

Thankyou,good to know covers are now available.
roli150lam

Postby steve c » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:01 pm

nam cover , frame may well be a genuine tv175 seat frame they are wider at the back and in the middle also lower in the case of ser 2 tv175 shorter springs, but with the big zigzag spring could be spanish with guilari badge, especially if the guilari badge is stainless steel that would be an addition from nam. Take it with you to scootopia or scooter surgery they keep the right bigger cover. The common one may not fit but should do as the nam ones are the smaller size.
steve c

Postby pacemaker » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:38 pm

Frame is good. It is the cover that is not :|
pacemaker

Postby Andyf » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:01 pm

Apologies for thread-theft, but those attending to this thread might be able to help me further?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11702
Last edited by Andyf on Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andyf

Postby Adam_Winstone » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:10 pm

pacemaker wrote:Frame is good. It is the cover that is not :|

^... ditto
Adam_Winstone

Postby davla » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Just thought I'd point out that I started this thread a year ago and concluded some time ago that frame was original (or very good repro) TV175 wide seat and I bought the appropriate wide dark blue cover and it fits great. The seat is still sitting on my shelf ready to go on my S2 when i get around to sorting it out :D
davla

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3