LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

New project - winter model

LAMBRETTA ONLY PLEASE
Show your Lambretta off to us all with pictures of your pride and joy.

Re: New project - winter model

Postby dickie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Andy nixon did the seat. It's an exact copy of a period accessory, completely imaginary, aftermarket seat. It's on an original el tigre wide back seat frame

The pipe is a rusted chromed curly jl3 which is "temporary" until I get my proper Ron Moss ex-box. The bike has never been on the road yet and that's its fourth pipe! I've got a new curly but I can't get it to fit without some cut and shut work. Amazing for 2 allegedly identical pipes!

The hidden master cylinder is a real headache though, and I think I might have to abandon the idea in favour of a bar mounted one.
dickie

Postby dscscotty » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:50 am

Dickie! I notice you have a 30mm VHSH Flatslide, thought you were running a PHBH? Did I give you jetting details for this carb?
dscscotty

Postby dickie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:17 am

dscscotty wrote:Dickie! I notice you have a 30mm VHSH Flatslide, thought you were running a PHBH? Did I give you jetting details for this carb?

I don't think so. I got them from Facebook. If I send the settings would you mind giving them a onceover please?
dickie

Postby dickie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:58 pm

Slide 50
Needle k98 2nd notch from bottom, no washer
Atomiser dp264
Pilot 45
Main 145
Choke 60
dickie

Postby dscscotty » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:57 pm

pm sent
dscscotty

Postby Knowledge » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:17 pm

dscscotty wrote:pm sent

Hi Darren.

I would be interested in your pm reply to Dickie regarding his jetting options. I am trying to find time to refine the jetting on the 283, which is using a 30mm VHSH.

From memory I have a DQ262 atomiser (that sounds a bit small) and a choice of K22, 23 and 28 (three needles so close in their dimensions, they could have been replicated using the different circlip grooves on the K28 needle). The main jet is 145, and while the engine picks up OK, the jetting is wrong above half throttle and it won't rev-out

I just need a couple of hours to play with it, but looking after my aging parents is limiting my play-time. I know I need a wider range of needles and atomisers, but they can become a big investment if you start from the wrong place.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, Martin
Knowledge

Postby dickie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:58 pm

So it's just about finished now. Headlight not secured properly, horn is shit, needs dyno time and clutch is awful.

The v55/5 went away and I've just learnt that I'm lucky enough to get an inspection by SGS, whoever they are.

What should I expect of this inspection?
dickie

Postby ToBoldlyGo » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:07 am

They'll come and look at the numbers, take a few pictures, that's about it. Although, the one I got was a pain in the arse and insisted the paint be scraped away from the frame number. Then seemed to have trouble actually taking a picture. Mine came from Bristol and he gets as far and wide as Buckinghamshire. Probably not a bad job actually.
ToBoldlyGo

Postby dickie » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 pm

I might apply for that. Retirement is only 10 years away and mortgage is gone..... :D

Unfortunately it didn't come soon enough to go on what was probably my only rally of the year in Sunderland. :(

I was going to chance riding there as it's insured on the VIN, but I bottled it.
dickie

Postby dickie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Been up and down the street on it and it four strokes pretty bad, but I've never been above 2nd gear or about 4000rpm. Wants to go though. I'm not going to mess about with jets until I've done a few miles on the open roads.

DVLA inspection tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed I'll be riding it down to mick Abbey by the end of the month for a proper set up. I've got an AF 48mm clubman to try which I might take down too but that'll mean hiring a van as I can't be arsed to ride 40 miles with a clubman on my back.
dickie

Previous

Return to Show Your Ride