LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Seat Frame Repair?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Seat Frame Repair?

Postby Littlewheels » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:46 pm

Hi,

I bought a seat frame second hand from a dealer but it needs some work.

I have removed the springs although some people just blast everything and then powder coat but maybe blasting the springs with interfere with how well they return to their original shape :? Saying that I needed to remove anyway because I need access to the frame.

The parts of the frame that are riveted together have been repaired at some point on one side but using a one of the grab rail screws probably because it has a shoulder with no thread and was convenient. So do I weld up the holes, re drill to the correct size (anyone know what that is?) and re rivet? Is that something a good welder can do? Also the seat grab rail threaded holes are worn so these could do with a similar fix.

Is it worth the hassle or shall I just buy another seat?

Please see pics.......................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135994003 ... ed-public/
Littlewheels

Re: Seat Frame Repair?

Postby Cgt75b » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Yep, deffo worth the hassle imho. Just restored one in a similar condition for me Rally 200.

Cgt75b :D
Cgt75b

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3