LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

wot barrells are these?

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

wot barrells are these?

Postby peejay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:04 pm

hi guys
i have been asked what barrells are these, i've not come across these markings before but maybe someone on here can put me straight :)

they are both 200's
peejay

Re: wot barrells are these?

Postby Adam_Winstone » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:56 pm

These are the correct stub numbers that identify them as original Innocenti factory fitted barrels, however, these idicate something (disputed) like batch, casting or revision versions. As such, all originals will have them but it doesn't identify the model that they come from, that is identified through the top fin having semi-circle notches taken out of it or not. TV200 have no notches, SX and GP both have the notches and the same part number.

Lots of aftermarket barrels follow the no notch / notch identification but they do not have the number stub identification that show yours as original Innocenti factory fitted barrels.

Only way to identify yours further is to look at top fin for model, then it is down to porting spec to identify further.

Adam
Adam_Winstone

Postby peejay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:52 pm

hi Adam
thanks for your reply, both owners were hoping they were the real thing, i'll now look for notches or not as the case may be to clarify it further.

cheers mate :D
peejay

Postby Adam_Winstone » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:10 pm

The bottom one almost looks too good to be true... perhaps like someone producing barrels has started to repro barrels with the correct number stub... but until anyone else could corroborate that, there is nothing that I know of to suggest it isn't genuine.

If it has the notches out of the top fin then look for the thread (here or s'erotica) that discusses SX/GP port specs.

If it does not have the notches then you'll need to take a tracing of the exhaust port to see if it is wide and shallow (early ring-breaker) or narrow and tall (knee jerk reaction to resolve the ring breakage issue).

The above presumes that they show no signs of tuning work to the cast post surface.

Adam

Very welcome :)
Adam_Winstone

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3