LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Dunlop scootsmart tyres

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Dunlop scootsmart tyres

Postby Markpm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:38 am

Is anybody using Dunlop scootsmarts??
Would be grateful of any feedback on them
Cheers
Markpm

Re: Dunlop scootsmart tyres

Postby coaster » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:50 am

I put one on the rear of my Avanti the day before leaving for the Davos Euro trip. !500 miles, up and down mountain passes some in heavy rain. Tyre performed faultlessly and there is still plenty of tread left8-) They have a high load rating (vital in my view), 3 ply construction and have a speed rating well in excess of all but the fastest scoots out there. I will be using them or Conti Twist Sports (just as good) from now on.
coaster

Postby Markpm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:16 am

Thanks for the reply coaster :)
Markpm

Postby mcbrid » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:04 pm

Note there are different load/speed rating versions.

The high load is low speed and vice versa

So if you are a fat bastard that wants to go fast probably not for you... :D
mcbrid

Postby bolzenanker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:23 pm

My experience mirrors Coasters, put one on before Davos and it performed without issue for well over 1500 miles, and is still on my scoot. I'm sure I went for the slower/fatter person version and even in the rain coming down the mountain on the Sunday I had no cause for concern at all. Will happily buy more when needed.
bolzenanker

Postby IaninDorset » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:42 pm

I can't fault Conti Twist Sports, been using them for about 5 years since I was getting constant punctures on S83's and the reinforced thing seems to work well and they have a larger curve design making cornering really positive, I've put mid material on the front and harder on the back and windy roads on my T5 are a joy when on the s83's I always had that feeling of the wheels coming out from underneath me.

I have heard good things about the Dunlops, my mate got them on his P225 and he loves them.
IaninDorset

Postby steveg » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:19 pm

I'm using scootsmart and like them a lot. And like the others who have commented I've used them all year and in a variety of conditions without issue. I went for high speed, but might go for the high load version next time. I should mention that that Sticky gave them a less favourable review, saying that in his opinion they don't grip well enough in the wet. But then he goes round bends a lot quicker than me :oops: :lol:
steveg

Postby Markpm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:52 pm

Thanks for the replys folks
I don't chuck it around in the wet so should be fine ;)
Markpm

Postby Afandy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:18 am

I too have a new set of the Dunlops Scootsmart's ...not fitted yet ....they do feel a bit thin compared to the Racemans that I took off..and the Continental Navigators on there now.ie don't seem to be that reinforced on the sidewalls ....good to hear they are working well for other Scooterist's...
Afandy

Postby CHRIS in MARGATE » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:37 am

I loved my Continental Navigators; don't think they are available any longer.
CHRIS in MARGATE

Postby coaster » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 am

Afandy wrote:I too have a new set of the Dunlops Scootsmart's ...not fitted yet ....they do feel a bit thin compared to the Racemans that I took off..and the Continental Navigators on there now.ie don't seem to be that reinforced on the sidewalls ....good to hear they are working well for other Scooterist's...

The ones I fitted were of very similar construction to the Raceman with stiff side walls. One of the posts above mentions there being 2 versions, one with a high speed rating and one with a high load rating. Mine have 51P on the side which according to this very good report (ignore the vethpa bit) is 195 kilos and 91 mph http://www.vespalabs.org/Wiki/Vespa_101/Dynamics/Tyres

colin
coaster

Postby steveg » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:24 pm

It explains the two ratings and the difference here http://www.ve-uk.com/search.php?search_ ... &find.y=13

I've got one of each in the garage and the he slower speed P version are definitely firmer side walls (as you would expect)
steveg

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3