LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Wiring up Spotlamps on 12 dc system.

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Wiring up Spotlamps on 12 dc system.

Postby birdbmw » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Has anyone got a wiring diagram for how to wire up Pathfinders via a series three switch and a GP ignition switch?
birdbmw

Re: Wiring up Spotlamps on 12 dc system.

Postby terryj » Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:14 pm

tap into the wires to main and dip but go through a relay so tapped wire from main through a fuse to relay and then wire onto spot light other wire from spot to earth
terryj

Postby landybretta » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:43 pm

landybretta

Postby Tractorman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 am

My idea of fitting a relay is that you need heavier wire supplying the power to (in this case) the spotlights but you don't want that wire going through the loom and switch. So the thicker wire goes from the battery via a fuse to the relay and then on to the lights. The lighter wire goes from a separate source to the switch and on to the switching side of the relay.
Tractorman

Postby MK Monty » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Its normal to have the spotlight connected to Full beam, so spot on when on full beam. The simplest is to have a toggle switch say mounted on the top of your toolbox, the standard pathfinder lamp is I think 55W so a wire from your battery via a fuse to switch to lamp is as easy as it gets. If you go the on full beam route I would fit a relay, use the coil contacts one from the high beam blue wire to the coil normally marked 85 with 86 to ground. when you turn high beam on you will here the relay click, that's the switch. then your fused wire in from the battery into contact 30 with the pathfinder off contact 87. That way your light switch is not taking any extra load it just the coil on the relay. the relay handles the load of up to 40 amps way more than you need. LED replacements are available for the pathfinder but you don't get the same beam pattern with the LEDs, the originals are refocused and give a great beam. My full wassel set up with LED rears and 65W headlights was pushed just that bit too far with the pathfinder, it was wired direct off the stator so I went LED, I later went HID headlight far brighter but lower wattage at 35W, all made illegal with the new MOT rules, o yes I don't need one now...
MK Monty

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3