LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Nova

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Nova

Postby gizmo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:26 pm

If I take bike to get dvla inspected with nova in hand and the engine is unstamped, would they check the cc in any way or just give me a tick
gizmo

Re: Nova

Postby St George » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:38 pm

They normally worry about the frame number, it is the unique reference for the bike; anyone can change an engine.
St George

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:32 pm

gizmo wrote:If I take bike to get dvla inspected with nova in hand and the engine is unstamped, would they check the cc in any way or just give me a tick

It will not be a problem, have done an unstamped one myself. By the way, don't the inspectors come to you?

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby gizmo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:36 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
gizmo wrote:If I take bike to get dvla inspected with nova in hand and the engine is unstamped, would they check the cc in any way or just give me a tick

It will not be a problem, have done an unstamped one myself. By the way, don't the inspectors come to you?

Rich'
to be honest I don't have a clue. I have never done it before. Was after a frame with a V5 to solve the problem but seems far more out there with just a nova
gizmo

Postby NorthernJordan » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:18 pm

If the frame is on Nova you shouldn't have any issues registering providing you build it up and it is complete.

Once you've built up the frame to something complete, follow the application process (lambretta journey website is very good).

If they select your scooter for inspection, then they will come to you. There is a good chance that they will just send a V5 without inspection. If they do inspect, don't mention anything to do building it from a box of bits and tell them it's been built using only refurbished original parts. They seem OK with new consumables like tyres cables and standard suspension, but i think it depends on how realistic your inspector is. There are a few reports of people being asked to fill in some additional forms if it's a 'rebuilt classic' so I would suggest the less you tell them the better.
NorthernJordan

Postby rossclark » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:57 pm

You seem to have a better chance of not getting inspected if you get it MOT'd before applying.
rossclark

Postby Rich Oswald » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:59 am

As Jordan says, don't mention building a bare frame from collected parts. 90% of it "must be original", and that's what you tell them but ONLY if they ask. Do not volunteer information that isn't asked for. If you do, the tendency now is to send you down the reconstructed classic route whereby they tell you to grind off the old frame No and stamp on a 16 or 17 digit No that they give you rendering your scooter practically worthless. Once they get your frame No on their system there is NO GOING BACK, you are screwed!

Rich'
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby nickw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:12 pm

rossclark wrote:You seem to have a better chance of not getting inspected if you get it MOT'd before applying.

I did this and mine wasn't inspected. I think it helps but probably no guarantee.
nickw

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3