LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Sip digital speedo GPS module

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Sip digital speedo GPS module

Postby al pushpak » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:52 pm

Hi, just ordered a gps module for my sip digital speedo & just wondered if anyone is running one & if so, where is the best place to mount the GPS module in order to receive the best signal. thanks for any info. Cheers ;)
al pushpak

Re: Sip digital speedo GPS module

Postby Tractorman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:51 am

Where did you order that from?
Tractorman

Postby ULC Soulagent » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:47 pm

Few off our club members have them fitted and mostly around the master cylinder housing. Bear in mind when in deep tunnels you will loose gps contact and therefore ur speed :( oh and don’t be tempted too hide it under any metal parts :? affects gps lock on .
ULC Soulagent

Postby al pushpak » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Thanks for the info, not many deep tunnels round where I live so no worries there Lol! :D read else where someone had mounted theirs under the seat & stated it worked fine, will have to have a play about with it when it arrives ;) cheers
al pushpak

Postby lozmondo » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:05 pm

I’ve got mine on the top of my legshield toolbox, left side.
It’s been ok so far.

These are a koso part, googled them and bought it from a performance car place for under £90, car builder solutions is the company :)
lozmondo

Postby TimTS1 » Fri May 14, 2021 10:56 am

I'm sat here looking a right load of connectors and black boxes. Just got the Sip V2 speedo and GPS module. I was planning to mount the gps receiver on the bracket that used to hold my old gps that is bolted to the master cylinder m10 mirror stem mount hole.
Do the 2 boxes fit in the headset? I've got a power box for the speedo and the koso gps module that needs to hidden somewhere. Anyone got pics of it all crammed into the headset? Only arrived yesterday, so I've not put too much thought into yet or had the headset top off!
TimTS1

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3