LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Now the fun begins...

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Now the fun begins...

Postby IaninDorset » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 am

DVLA, I am not looking forward to crossing swords with thee....

OK, I have my NOVA cert, I have my dating cert (thank you Ian, enjoyed the magazine immensely) and my VAT receipt.... so what more do I need for registering the old girl? I've seen about insurance but don't know about how to go with that, the gobbledegook email from DVLA says I don't need an MOT because its 1958 so am thinking I am pretty much good to go.

I've "dry" fitted it all together but its still sans legshields, sidepanels, headset and horncast doing the slow boat from China but everything else is there so it is a complete scooter now save some tin, quite pleased as the back brake is working sweet, kicks over a treat too :)

I know some of you out there have duelled the DVLA and I truly fear them, I had a full car licence for 30 years, turns in a paper one for a plastic job and ends up losing me car licence and they won't budge (I was part of the Watchdog TV programme on the BBC on that one) so any hints, advice or pointers in dealing with them and I think its no mistake Swansea is twinned with Mordor, would be appreciated

:roll:
IaninDorset

Re: Now the fun begins...

Postby lambrettatastic » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm going through the same mate,just sent all my stuff off this morning...watch this space....i fear the worst!..my insurance is through carol nash and they have given me 30 days insurance on the frame no.
lambrettatastic

Postby grandpa » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi Ian,
Last year on the old forums there was talk that DVLA were not taking dating certificates unless you had additional proof from the manufacturer. I emailed them explaining that SIL don't make Lambrettas any more and may not have records.I received an e-mail within 3 days stating that my dating certificate and Vat receipts would be acceptable.I have also found HMRC helpful. On the old system you had to have insurance mot and vat receipts (dated before April 15 I think).If you are unsure if you need insurance email them then you have a paper record
Grandpa
grandpa

Postby IaninDorset » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Thank you for the heads up with Carol Nash, will give them a call during the week.

Grandpa, the prob it seems is DVLA left cheek doesn't know what DVLA right cheek is doing, the confusion exists around the new MOT laws and its been six or seven different answers alone from Swansea as no one there really seems to know :S I will get some insurance and see whats what, at least once I get some paper into the system, it means then I can just tackle different requirements and they can't argue its not a Lambretta :D
IaninDorset

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3