LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Ser2 Eibar throttle cable query

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Ser2 Eibar throttle cable query

Postby TS1-200 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:07 pm

A mate has a supposedly 1962 Eibar Winter model LI150 ser 2 all the time he has it the throttle seemed to stick, put it down to a dodgy throttle cable, he has given it to me to fit a new inner & outer, no problem I thought, off with the horncasting pulled the old cable out noting that the outer was very distorted at the top, fitted new one went from lock to lock to make sure everything was ok, but the new cable became distorted straightaway, looked up and you could see that the cable was fouling the frame ring support badly, there does not seem room for the throttle cable no matter how I put it in, am I missing something or is this normal, there does seem to be a few other irregularities but thats another story, were winter models made as early as 1962, it seems that the headset is wrong, but not having a great knowledge of series 2`s I can`t really fathom it out, any ideas anyone ?
TS1-200

Re: Ser2 Eibar throttle cable query

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:24 pm

I have a '62 Eibar Li150. It is not a Winter model. I think Winter models with the SX style headset came a couple of years later.

It would be easier to diagnose your cable routing issue with a photo. The only issue I can recall is with the gap between the frame tube and the turning mudguard. Your cables have to be really tight to the tube to avoid catching on the mudguard.

I did notice one issue with my frame ring. That is, it isn't symmetrical. The seat that the grub screw sits in is off centre, if you know what I mean. I just put this down to someone having an off day on the pillar drill in the factory. But, who knows :?
Storkfoot

Postby soullad » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:06 pm

I guess the questions this throws up are
"are the cable cut-outs in the winter headset different to normal Eibar S2 headset cutouts?"
"Or are the chrome rings different?"

as Paul says, a pic helps ?
soullad

Postby IaninDorset » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:06 pm

Yes, my chrome ring isn't quite "true" either, I thought it was bent but its straight, just its fitted and original screw hole is slightly off making the eye think its winkled.
IaninDorset

Postby TS1-200 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:23 pm

Well I have had another look and it seems its a bit of a mismatch, I think its an ordinary Ser 2 Eibar with a "winter" model headset, as the legshields dont really match properly with the frame ring or headset, although still not right, but better, I have put the cable the other side of the frame ring support, difficult to explain, and difficult to photograph properly, "winter" model legshields must have a different section behind the frame tube up to the headset/frame ring,
TS1-200

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3