LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Front brake hub

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Front brake hub

Postby Norfolk » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:59 pm

Spinning the front wheel quite fast with the scoot on the stand, I was amassed as how much it vibrated. Checked all the usual things, bearings, wheel etc nothing untowards. Removing the wheel from the hub and holding the spindle in a vice to allow the hub to move on the bearings it always finishes in the same place. It takes the weight of 4 washers to counter balance the heavy spot. Can a hub be balanced and if so how. I have owned the scoot for a number of years and the front end has never felt right at speeds above 40. Any help would be appreciated, thanks
Norfolk

Re: Front brake hub

Postby sunrisemac » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:24 pm

when I restored my gp it had broken fins on both brake drums which I built up with weld, to balance them after reshaping the fins I dressed a bit off the thickness of the fins in the 'heavy spot' until they became balanced, I am not saying this is the only way but it worked well for me.
sunrisemac

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3