LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Gearbox

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Gearbox

Postby gaz_powell » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:44 am

I stripped a motor a while ago and took no notice of the gearbox condition as it was been replaced as part of a complete rebuild and changes. I do remember the gearbox oil was not great, very black and sludgy. The bike was an unknown in respect if servicing etc, but wasnt in good shape in many aspects.
Cut to the chase the g/b was an Italian LI150 and was wrapped, boxed and put in shelf. Fast forward i need an LI box so got it out and started to clean up. No chips, cogs good BUT showing signs of overheating/blueing. Cluster seems okay. Never come across this before, should i chuck it.... If so see wanted section!
gaz_powell

Re: Gearbox

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:24 pm

As long as the Xmas tree don’t show any signs of overheating then I’d say it would be ok
ULC Soulagent

Re: Gearbox

Postby gaz_powell » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:35 pm

That was my thinking, years ago i probably wouldnt have given it a thought.....

I'll have another good inspection tomorrow before it goes in... Theres some alternatives on the shelf...

In the garage tomorrow... See what happens
gaz_powell

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3