LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Aftermarket rear single seats Series 1/2

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Aftermarket rear single seats Series 1/2

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:02 pm

I know that original rear seats were different to front seats and did not need the wedges to raise them. I have two front seats and a couple of wedges for the rear. My question relates to the wedges.

As far as I can see the seat will attach with M8 bolts through the seat base, the wedge and then the frame. As the wedge is hollow, is there a spacer in there to provide extra support?
Storkfoot

Re: Aftermarket rear single seats Series 1/2

Postby Storkfoot » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:20 pm

https://www.lambretta.co.uk/product_inf ... ts_id=2941

These are what I was referring to. I assume that there is no extra support.
Storkfoot

Postby dickie » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:18 pm

@Storkfoot did you ever find out the answer to this? My s2 has single seats with wedges on the rear one, but nothing other than nuts and bolts. Consequently, the "original" bolts are bent badly out of shape. It seems like there should be some wedge shaped spacers too.
dickie

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:27 pm

No, Dickie. I never found out. I haven’t had a passenger on the rear seat yet but, when I do, I am far from sure the wedges will cope.

Incidentally, I have no idea what happened to the link I posted. Here is another one of what I am talking about:

https://www.scootopia.com/scootopia-lam ... set-1-pair
Storkfoot

Postby dickie » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:33 pm

Found in sticky's....it's really rather good, isn't it?

If it's any comfort to you, mine have clearly been on my s2 for at least 30 years and are in perfect shape. Which the bolts are not. No surprise really when they're pulled across two non-parallel surfaces.
dickie

Postby Leotech » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:42 pm

My pals s3 had wedges under the rear seat 30 years ago, it was probably one of the first imports, the wedges had Ulma or Vigano stickers on them, cant remember. It was so you could use a front seat on the rear. We never knew why you'd do that unless rear seats were harder to get.
Leotech

Postby Storkfoot » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:08 pm

The rear seats are harder to come across. Here’s the back of mine. With hindsight, I’d have welded up the join in each wedge.

Storkfoot

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3