LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Buzzwangle

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Buzzwangle

Postby Keith64 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:14 pm

Not sure if i'm missing somthing here but i thought one of the advantages of the Buzzwangle is to not have to dismanle anything to use it. For the life of me i cant get it to fit the gp flywheel with a nut fitted. Ive tried four nuts from four different suppliers including a BGM one, and none will allow the mounting peice to screw into the flywheel. It fits Li Flywheels fine.
anyone else have the same problem ?
Keith64

Re: Buzzwangle

Postby coaster » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:54 pm

Have you unscrewed the allen bolt far enough? you need to screw it right out, screw the buzzwangle in then screw the alen bolt in to lock it solid once you have it fixed at TDC. It took me a bit to figure out too ;)
coaster

Postby shamrockexpress » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:58 am

On the subject of buzz wangles i bought one of ebay looks the same only problem i have is that it only works in 90 degreee segments so the digits turn to 90 then countsdown to zero then back upto 90 and so on....... i was looking for a 360 setting to save me having to count/subtract as i,m turning the flywheel.......anybody else in this muddle?? :roll:
shamrockexpress

Postby Bilko » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:18 pm

coaster wrote:Have you unscrewed the allen bolt far enough? you need to screw it right out, screw the buzzwangle in then screw the alen bolt in to lock it solid once you have it fixed at TDC. It took me a bit to figure out too ;)

This happened to my when I first used it. Before realising I didn’t unscrew the Allen bolt.
Bilko

Postby Keith64 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:36 pm

Thanks for the replies, Yep tried fitting it without the bolt in at all . If you try and fit a gp flywheel nut into the the holder it doesnt fit at all. on the advice of someone on here i set about it last night with a dremmel, just took the bare minimum out and it fits a dream now
Thanks all and especially Trotski.
Keith64

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:01 pm

shamrockexpress wrote:On the subject of buzz wangles i bought one of ebay looks the same only problem i have is that it only works in 90 degreee segments so the digits turn to 90 then countsdown to zero then back upto 90 and so on....... i was looking for a 360 setting to save me having to count/subtract as i,m turning the flywheel.......anybody else in this muddle?? :roll:

No as I spent the dosh and got the proper buzzwangle so what’s the old saying :lol:
ULC Soulagent

Postby shamrockexpress » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:54 pm

well if nothing else its helped my Maths :roll:
shamrockexpress

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3