LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Wiring / Earth Question

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Wiring / Earth Question

Postby Bobf » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:50 am

I have a Li 150 Special. The headlamp adjustment is by a screw which moves the lamp to a different angle. From the screw is a cable which I assume it to an earth. Is this correct?

Next question. The wiring diagram shows the speedo light connected to the wiring block, fine. but also shows an earth connection. How is this achieved? As the speedo is plastic and I cannot see how it is therefore earthed.

Any advise please.

Rob
Bobf

Re: Wiring / Earth Question

Postby missing lynx » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:59 pm

The Speedo in theory is earthed via the drive cable I always tuck a wire inbetween the bulb and the bulb holder and earth that. As for the light earth I've never found the earth on the adjuster screw very reliable so I run the earth to the gear or throttle yoke screws.
missing lynx

Postby Toddy » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:40 pm

missing lynx wrote:The Speedo in theory is earthed via the drive cable I always tuck a wire inbetween the bulb and the bulb holder and earth that. As for the light earth I've never found the earth on the adjuster screw very reliable so I run the earth to the gear or throttle yoke screws.

+1
Toddy

Postby Bobf » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:04 pm

Thanks Guys that now makes sense.

Regards

Rob
Bobf

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3