LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

This is doin my head in

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

This is doin my head in

Postby TS1-200 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:25 pm

Right, completely standard GP 200 engine apart from AF big bore, starts and runs fine. only after about 70 miles, when throttling down for junctions etc. the motor wants cut cut out, and you have to keep on revving it to keep it going until you can go. Around town and short runs its no problem, if you stop and leave it 10 mins its ok again, have changed carbs, made sure jets are clear fuel tap and plug & cdi, only thing I haven`t changed is the stator, which is a new BGM one. you could ride 50 or 60 mls without it happening, any ideas, could it be the stator ? as far as I can see there is nothing else
TS1-200

Re: This is doin my head in

Postby JETEX » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:53 pm

Yep, could possibly be the stator. A friend of mine had a similar problem. He proved it by removing the stator, connecting his multi-meter and then heating it with a hair drier. The readings changed as the stator got warm. Seems to be a good bet as it's the only thing you haven't changed !
JETEX

Re: This is doin my head in

Postby TS1-200 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Update, remove flywheel and stator today, there was a couple of bits of swarf around the pick up magnets, also noticed that the wires from the stator had been slightly rubbing on the rear tyre and worn through the outer sheathing and half worn through the insulation of the green wire, would this have caused it, replaced staor anyway, fingers crossed.
TS1-200

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3