LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

No Horn or lights.

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

No Horn or lights.

Postby Danbretta » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:03 am

Hi All,
Anyone able to help.. the wire from the horn to the headlight junction came loose and out and has been rattling around in the headset before sliding down the horncast. I have sorted this out but cant get the horn to work and noticed the headlight doesnt work now either. Could anything have shorted or burnt out whilst the cable was flapping about int tge headset and horncast?
Back brake light is still working
It's still on the original 6v system.
Any help would be much appreciated before I start stripping bits off.
Thank you.
Danbretta

Re: No Horn or lights.

Postby Danbretta » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:12 am

Also to add.. I took 3 wires out the headlight junction to allow me to re route the horn wire, I am sure I have put them all back in the correct places. I have a photo but some of the wires are obscured to confirm.
I'm unsure of the 3 brown horn wires, there are only 2 female slots for the brown wires but 3 brown wires in total, stickys diagram shows this too.
Danbretta

Postby Toddy » Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:29 pm

Sounds like you haven’t got the main feed brown plugged in hence no horn / light plug two in then touch the spare brown to one see if it works if it does join two browns together and plug in
Toddy

Postby Danbretta » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:54 pm

Thanks Toddy
I've moved all 3 brown wires to the spare 3 connectors indicated by the grey colour. Horn now working but lights still not. Still digging away it
Danbretta

Postby Toddy » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:58 pm

Are all the earths ok ?
Toddy

Postby Danbretta » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:50 pm

All sorted now, turns out the headset top needs to be secured to to the headset to make the earth (I'm assuming and it makes sense and is obvious to me now-what a knobhead I am).
Still stumped as to if originally the 3 brown wires were put in the 3 grey connectors originally. Stickys book shows otherwise. I'm sure I read somewhere online the 3 grey ones are left clear..
Anyway, hope you all had a good rideout today if you went out.
Danbretta

Postby Toddy » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:55 pm

Glad your sorted, you can run a seperate earth to the block and bolt it to the headset base screws either throttle or gear side so the rim doesn’t have to touch the headset to earth , belt n braces ;)
Toddy

Postby Danbretta » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:24 pm

Thanks mate, I'll look into that.
Danbretta

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3