LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Scooterlinea Eibar

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Scooterlinea Eibar

Postby SmudgeDog » Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:24 pm

My latest scooter looking at the frame number is a Spanish LI150, 1965. I love it and did not pay a lot and this will be the "keeper". (we have all said that before). I know the Spanish LI had a few TV parts on them but when I put the reg into insurance it comes up as TV200. Something is amiss. I just wonder how this mis-registration happens? There is no advantage financially to having an Eibar TV200.....just why?
SmudgeDog

Re: Scooterlinea Eibar

Postby bookertmgs1 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:37 am

Is the frame number on the V5 correct ?

Do the frame & engine number match on the actual scooter ?

whats the cc on the V5 listed as ?

Maybe had a different large block engine in at one point - which is why the insurance is showing as a 200cc Scooter - which would be the only model available in 1965 I think. Maybe its just listed as that as they couldnt be bothered do type the info out

Can't think what TV parts are on a Spanish LI - maybe light switch ? airbox ?
bookertmgs1

Re: Scooterlinea Eibar

Postby Rich Oswald » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:58 am

If you had a Spanish TV200 you would have the rarest Lambretta there is and a very valuable one indeed! The V5's do not show the actual model on them now, so do the frame and engine numbers on the V5 match what's on the scooter? What CC does it say on the V5? If any of there are wrong, that's where the problem lies.

As far as I am aware there are no TV parts on Spanish LI's.

If you want, you can send me the frame and engine numbers and I will check them out for you,

Rich' Oswald
LCGB Registrar
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3