LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Throttle cable

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Throttle cable

Postby Littlewheels » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:03 pm

Which is the best method for throttle cable attachment?

Nipple on cable at pulley with thimble/screw or thimble/screw at pulley with cable nipple at carb end?

Thanks
Littlewheels

Re: Throttle cable

Postby nickw » Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:24 pm

I always try and put the nipple at the carb end. I find it tricky getting the right cable length putting nipple at the top.
nickw

Postby Tractorman » Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:44 pm

I always put the solderless nipple at the handlebar end. It seems easy enough to set up and it makes taking the carb off a lot easier.
Tractorman

Postby Norrie Bodge » Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:59 pm

Tractorman wrote:I always put the solderless nipple at the handlebar end. It seems easy enough to set up and it makes taking the carb off a lot easier.

+1
Norrie Bodge

Postby hullygully » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:25 am

Tractorman wrote:I always put the solderless nipple at the handlebar end. It seems easy enough to set up and it makes taking the carb off a lot easier.

+2, unless its a big carb then the nipple always goes in the slide & solderless @ the throttle
hullygully

Postby Rich Oswald » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:37 am

hullygully wrote:

+2, unless its a big carb then the nipple always goes in the slide & solderless @ the throttle

+3
Rich Oswald

Location: Wiseman From The East (East Of The Pennines That Is)

Postby missing lynx » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:28 pm

Rich Oswald wrote:
hullygully wrote:

+3

+4 to make it easier I drill a small hole in the throttle cam so the cable can pass through the nipple and out the other side
missing lynx

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3