LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

matching carb to exhaust

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

matching carb to exhaust

Postby pg42 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:10 pm

I have recently fitted an AF clubman to my standard SX200 and fiited a new Scootopia SH1/20 carb. I have been advised the following:
1. Scootopia carbs are crap.
2. I should up jet to 108 main.
3. I should fit a 22mm carb with a 123 main jet.

I hope this question doesnt open a floodgate but sound and tried solutions would be welcome.
Cheers
pg42

Re: matching carb to exhaust

Postby Storkfoot » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:15 pm

When fitting a base level Clubman, like an AF, conventional wisdom used to be to up your main jet by 2 and leave the rest. But, of course, each scooter is different so listen to the engine, check the plug colour at wide open throttle etc.

I have only used one Scootopia SH1/20. I have had absolutely no issues with it. It works fine.

As an aside, a standard mushroomless box exhaust out performs an AF Clubman up to 4000/4500 revs according to the Scootering back to back test a few years back.
Storkfoot

Postby Fast n Furious » Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:13 am

Jetex carbs are gash but Scootopia carbs are ok. Never had a problem with one.
Fast n Furious

Postby solostax » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:40 am

Fast n Furious wrote:Jetex carbs are gash but Scootopia carbs are ok. Never had a problem with one.

GASH.. Reminds me of a doctor calling in his patient.
Doc:
Pleaae don't touch anything and stay there by the door..your results are in, it's confirmed you have GASH
Patient:what's that then?
DOC:it's a mnemonic and stands for Gonorrhea, Aids,Syphilis and Herpes.
Patient:Sounds serious what's the treatment?
Doc: You're going straight into isolation,do you like Ryvita and Craft cheese slices?
Patient:not particularly, but will they cure it?
DOC:No,it's the only food we can slide underneath the door. :roll: :lol: :lol: :roll:
solostax

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:21 am

Reminds me when I got tested about 15 years ago and the gum clinic at the hospital rang me to come in asap. Duly arrived 2 hrs later and the doc gets me into the room and asks how do I feel :shock: Fine I replied as I was fighting fit back then and asked why the urgency for which the doc replied “ur test results have come back and u have Stage 4 Syphilis” too which I replied how many stages are there and he replied 5 while the 5th one is knocking on deaths door :o He looked at me and I look at him in an understandable way and both agreed for a retest so had one and went home to deliver the bad news to all my previous ladies that I had this horrible disease waiting to be confirmed and they had a choice of getting said injections just as a safety barrier :oops:
Next day got the results back and it was negative which was a relief but then the questions began on what happened with the first tests. Turns out my results were accidentally switched in the lab so now the hunt was on to find the person who actually had stage 4 syph and over 70 people had been tested that day. The docs was concerned I was gonna sue them to which I replied I wasn’t but if it had been for the AIDS virus then I would have for undue stress. I still had stress as said previous ladies took the injection as a precaution and then I had to contact them again to say I’d got the all clear :? My ears burned for several hrs with the expletives I received from them :oops:
ULC Soulagent

Postby Nudger » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:00 am

ULC Soulagent wrote:Reminds me when I got tested about 15 years ago and the gum clinic at the hospital rang me to come in asap. Duly arrived 2 hrs later and the doc gets me into the room and asks how do I feel :shock: Fine I replied as I was fighting fit back then and asked why the urgency for which the doc replied “ur test results have come back and u have Stage 4 Syphilis” too which I replied how many stages are there and he replied 5 while the 5th one is knocking on deaths door :o He looked at me and I look at him in an understandable way and both agreed for a retest so had one and went home to deliver the bad news to all my previous ladies that I had this horrible disease waiting to be confirmed and they had a choice of getting said injections just as a safety barrier :oops:
Next day got the results back and it was negative which was a relief but then the questions began on what happened with the first tests. Turns out my results were accidentally switched in the lab so now the hunt was on to find the person who actually had stage 4 syph and over 70 people had been tested that day. The docs was concerned I was gonna sue them to which I replied I wasn’t but if it had been for the AIDS virus then I would have for undue stress. I still had stress as said previous ladies took the injection as a precaution and then I had to contact them again to say I’d got the all clear :? My ears burned for several hrs with the expletives I received from them :oops:

Did the doctor then call you again and say there had been a mistake with the retest and you were in fact 5 months pregnant?
Nudger

Postby ULC Soulagent » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:45 pm

Nudger wrote:
ULC Soulagent wrote:Reminds me when I got tested about 15 years ago and the gum clinic at the hospital rang me to come in asap. Duly arrived 2 hrs later and the doc gets me into the room and asks how do I feel :shock: Fine I replied as I was fighting fit back then and asked why the urgency for which the doc replied “ur test results have come back and u have Stage 4 Syphilis” too which I replied how many stages are there and he replied 5 while the 5th one is knocking on deaths door :o He looked at me and I look at him in an understandable way and both agreed for a retest so had one and went home to deliver the bad news to all my previous ladies that I had this horrible disease waiting to be confirmed and they had a choice of getting said injections just as a safety barrier :oops:

Did the doctor then call you again and say there had been a mistake with the retest and you were in fact 5 months pregnant?

Thankfully No :lol:
ULC Soulagent

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3