LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Battery size

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Battery size

Postby martyn dwane » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:33 pm

friend of mine has a SIP vape fitted and their speedo, he also runs a sat nav occasionally.he wants to fit a small battery , to charge from the DC trickle charge facility. What size battery would you recommend ?
martyn dwane

Re: Battery size

Postby ULC Soulagent » Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:56 am

5-7amp alarm battery is fine and compact
ULC Soulagent

Postby Knowledge » Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:31 pm

Yuasa have a really good specification pdf on their website. It has sizes, shapes, voltage, amp-hour and even the position of the terminals.

Very helpful.
Knowledge

Postby martyn dwane » Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:17 pm

thanks , info passed on.
martyn dwane

Postby coaster » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:45 pm

Knowledge wrote:Yuasa have a really good specification pdf on their website. It has sizes, shapes, voltage, amp-hour and even the position of the terminals.

Very helpful.

Also, bike batteries have proper screw terminals rather the spade connectors used on alarm batteries which in my experience develope high resistance over time.
coaster

Postby dickie » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:18 pm

coaster wrote:
Knowledge wrote:Yuasa have a really good specification pdf on their website. It has sizes, shapes, voltage, amp-hour and even the position of the terminals.

Very helpful.

Also, bike batteries have proper screw terminals rather the spade connectors used on alarm batteries which in my experience develope high resistance over time.

Any battery will benefit from some grease on the terminals. Don't worry too much about phrases like 'dielectric grease', almost all greases are dielectric, but it doesn't matter if it is or isn't. The important thing is that it stops corrosion.
dickie

Postby coaster » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:58 pm

dickie wrote:
coaster wrote:

Very helpful.

Any battery will benefit from some grease on the terminals. Don't worry too much about phrases like 'dielectric grease', almost all greases are dielectric, but it doesn't matter if it is or isn't. The important thing is that it stops corrosion.

True, but the problem I find is that the male and female connector contact surfaces wear enough to cause high resistace. This might be (in my case) due to the batteries on both my scoots being in a box near the rear wheel.
coaster

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3