LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Rear brake - too fierce!

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Rear brake - too fierce!

Postby alex_hughes » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:22 am

Just had my Spanish engine rebuilt, rear brake was not particularly good or bad beforehand but now I can easily lock up the rear wheel...

What can I do to prevent this please?

Thanks

Alex
alex_hughes

Re: Rear brake - too fierce!

Postby bookertmgs1 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:32 pm

At the risk of being a smart arse - dont press as hard ?

Having a deccent back brake is desirable - rather than having something that merely hampers your progress into the back of a car that stops suddenely. I'd wager than most people want what youve got.

are you sure its not just a case of getting used to having a functioning back brake ?

If it really is that keen, then you couple of turns of the adjuster wheel should give you a bit more travel.
bookertmgs1

Re: Rear brake - too fierce!

Postby Fast n Furious » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:10 pm

Some Spanish casings and brake cams are different to Italian / indian. The cam that lifts the shoes is at a slight angle to the shaft. If this part has been fitted the wrong way around it will give you a very bitey rear brake.
Best to remove your rear hub and check that the cam lines up with the shoes correctly.
Fast n Furious

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3