LCGB Forums

The ability to post messages is restricted to LCGB members. Any questions contact us at lcgbadmin@googlemail.com

Sil GP legshields

Technical help for Series one, two and three Lambrettas. Models include the Li, Li Special, TV, SX, GP, Serveta and API/SIL models

Sil GP legshields

Postby gizmo » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:00 pm

Been after a set of new/ unused Indian GP sil legshields. Who would have thought a few ago that supplies would run out. All the usual suspects sold out and no more arriving.
gizmo

Re: Sil GP legshields

Postby gaz_powell » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:17 pm

I remember building my last SIL bike and buying frame and all decent SIL panel work from SR.

Never dry built it and it all went no problem.

Ive got a great pr of legshields that came off an AF import (indian bullt) one shoulder looks okay the other looks like LI...might come in some day....

Im a big fan of the shape of good SIL leggies... The ones that came from SR on mine are lovely.

Got a good shape set for my new SIL resto.... Only good thing that came with it!!
gaz_powell

Postby gizmo » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:10 pm

I've had a few from SR over the years. They have always fitted and looked good.
gizmo

Postby Storkfoot » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:35 pm

I got a set from K&S Scooters, Mickleover in October 2021. If memory serves me right, there were very few sets left, maybe only 1. Worth a call though.
Storkfoot

Postby citydaz » Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:38 pm

Try a fibre glass replacement. These are meant to be quite good. Cant remember the name of the supplier but if you search tinterweb you will find the name of the supplier.
citydaz

Return to Series 1, 2 & 3